View Poll Results: Nursing while PG
Currently Nursing while PG 17 26.15%
Stoped Nursing while PG 9 13.85%
Would Nurse while PG, but have not 27 41.54%
Would wean before TTC 3 4.62%
Other (in case I missed something lol) 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #21
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing while PG?

i havent yet but if i get pregnant i dont plan on stopping nuring my little guy just because of being pregnant...

Advertisement

*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #22
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I was still nursing #1 when I got pg w/#2 and continued for the first couple of months, he weaned at 13mos and it was pretty much mutual. I was nursing #3 when I got pg w/#4 and planned to continue as long as he wanted, then hyperemesis struck . I was sooo sick I could barely hold him I was so weak, then my milk started to dry up and he wasn't having enough wet dipes. Had to wean after a couple of months(DS was 14mos) cause he refused to drink anything else while he was still trying to nurse, he finally decided flavored cows milk was better than starving, poor baby. Anyway, long story short, I would nurse throughout pregnancy it just hasn't worked out for me so far.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:51 PM   #23
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Nursed Destiny while pregnant with Landan but stopped after about 3 mos because it got too painful and she was weining herself. Had to stop nursing Landan in February to try to concieve because my cycle wouldn't come back! lol

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #24
daisybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I planned on continuing nursing my dd, but she decided to stop when I was 3 months pregnant (she was 15 months). She just became much more interested in "real" food. Oh, and I never had problems with soreness with her.
daisybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:05 PM   #25
DiaperJunction
Registered Users

I voted pregnant and nursing now, but Rachel is down to once a day or less. I was hoping she'd be completely weaned by now, but looks like that won't happen.

Maybe she can help put me in labor now that I'm 37 weeks Oh to see the look on MIL's face if she knew....
DiaperJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #26
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still nursing~kind of. Emma's down to the first morning nursing only. I'm almost 12 weeks, and it hurts like nothing I've ever felt before. I'm jealous of the momma's without pain. I chose to wean because between the "all day" sickness and the nausea caused from the pain of nursing, I was having a very difficult time making it through the day. Oh, and the fact that Emma is a "karate style" nurser didn't help! LOL I hate that I'm giving up this part of mothering Emma. She's 13 months old today and I feel like I've shorted her...

~ also at FRESH on the 9th on the 9s ~
blogging here --->

Little Bear Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:17 AM   #27
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I stopped nursing while pregnant, twice. I was still nursing Aidan when I got pg with Kieran. Aidan weaned at 12mo, pretty much on his own. I was still nursing Torrin when I got pg with Eliana and he weaned at about 19-20mo on his own.. both of them nursed through about half of my pregnancy.

BTW, nursing while pg won't produce smaller babies.. however, it can produce longer pregnancies. My midwives told me that almost every mom they have that nurses during pregnancy goes longer than she would were she not. My daughter was born on her due date (well, on her u/s due date..) but would have likely been born at 38-39wks had I not been nursing. (I tend to go early.)
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #28
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i nursed both my kids while pregnant.
had to stop with my son when he was 9 months old cause my milk supply dried up (my daughter was born 3 months later)

and i had to stop with my daughter when she was 12.5 months old cause my milk dried up
I wish i couldve continued with both of them
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote