Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #21
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So discouraged trying different diapers: FB OS, Bitti Tutto...what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemetree View Post
her side snaps are great!! i havnt tried the OS but i loved bugga sized
Thank you!

Advertisement

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #22
NiftyB
Registered Users
seller

Update! - So discouraged trying different diapers: FB OS, Bitti Tutto...what to do?

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Am pretty bummed at all the money I lost in ordering and trying and selling and shipping off diapers (DH said our house was like a "Diaper Depot: Diapers coming in, diapers going out...) but I THINK I have settled on a new stash.

I realized that I'm just not an AIO/AI2 mama: they're too hard to clean when it comes to poop. I'm a pockets gal.

I've decided that despite some bulk, I like the Knickernappies OS. I think they're nice, good quality diapers and they're not leaving red marks! I'll use FB inserts to cut down on the bulk. I'm also going to pick up a few more Charlie Banana OS. I find the fleece inside to be super soft and I personally love the front-stuffing pocket! The back elastic is much more forgiving than the back elastic in the FB OS.

I also picked up some GroVia shells which I will keep, but decided not to go with the soakers: they're too expensive and again, cleaning poop will be un-fun. I tried flour sack towels as flats, inside the GroVia shell, and am pretty happy with them...makes for a trim diaper! We'll use these mostly for kicking around at home, while the pockets will be easy for out-and-about. I also like that we can get the biosoakers if we need a disposable option and I think for traveling (by air, to see family) I can save room in the luggage by packing mostly GroVia shells and flats. I don't like having to fold down the flour sack towels at the front or back, and might get some Osocosy flats to try (hopefully they'll be shorter?). I did get some of the "better fit" Osocozy prefolds but they're pretty bulky, still too long and need to be folded over, and LO got rashy from wearing them once! Is that weird...that prefolds leave a rash while flour sacks don't?

For kicks, I'd like to order 1 Sunbaby just to try (and to get some prints into the drawer!).

I keep thinking that if we have another baby I may end up having to de-stash and re-stash all over again! I really hope not, but for now I'll just worry about what fits this LO now. I'm happy to have diversified a bit, as opposed to the 100% FB OS stash I had before. Hopefully, no matter what LO's growth patterns are like, we'll have a diaper that works.

Thanks again, mamas!
NiftyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #23
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Try Sunbaby's if you want a cheap, OS pocket. My daughter is 22 lbs. and 34" tall at 17 months (tall and slender) and the Sunbaby's are my favorite pockets by far. You get a dozen for $60 shipped from China. The site is www.sunbabydiapers.com. I HIGHLY recommend them! Once I get my 8 new prints in, I will have 40 Sunbaby pockets for my LO. The inners are fleece, they have hip snaps (which is great for my skinny girl) and they are so nicely made for a cheap pocket.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #24
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Did you adjust the back elastic on the FB OS? I got them to fit my 30 lb little guy with no red marks and he is super wide in the hip area. Many other diapers don't quite fit around him anymore, but the FB OS did.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #25
NiftyB
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
Did you adjust the back elastic on the FB OS? I got them to fit my 30 lb little guy with no red marks and he is super wide in the hip area. Many other diapers don't quite fit around him anymore, but the FB OS did.
Yup: I have the back elastic as wide as it will go. Weird 'cuz my LO is pretty small. I really don't get it.
NiftyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #26
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our DS is pretty small too (24/25lbs at 26 months old). For snaps that are onesize (that aren't tuttos), I like Rocky Mountain Diapers and Snap-EZ OS pockets.

RMD have adjustable leg elastic and are front snap

Snap-EZ has rise snaps and have double row hip snaps (so not quite side snap, but not front snap either)
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #27
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you don't like spraying off the layers of the Tutto, I recommend staying away from other diapers with layered inserts as well (Bottombumpers, bright star baby, grovia, bg elemental--all my favorites), because the same thing will drive you crazy.

That said, before you replace your entire stash, you might try pad folding a flat or tri-folding a prefold inside the tutto. It's not quite as trim, but it will work in the meantime. You might want to check into the Tots Bots aio--the aplix on is not terrible. As for softbums, my cousin has them and she says she doesn't mind the aplix on them.
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote