Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Registered Users
Headache from sposies

I am planning a shower for a friend for next week and one of the "games" is "guess how many diapers'. She's not Cding and has no interest in it, although she does comment how cute mine are.

Anyway,I ordered a huge box off of of like 200+ pampers swaddlers and was getting them ribboned up and organized tonight for the "count" and the overwhelming baby powder smell has given me such a headache. I cant imagine what a baby's sensitive nose smells if these had such an effect on me. Wow.

I didn't start out CDing, but I used 7th generation with obviously no scent. AGain, wow! YUK!

Cmurray1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
BC Mom
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Headache from sposies

I can't walk down the sposie isle at the store without getting grossed out-it reeks!
I ~~~~~ Mama to &
I shop @ Shipping to Canada is $2-$3 and FREE if your order is over $45
BC Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Headache from sposies

Last spring we stocked up on sposies (diaper and pullups) because I got them really cheap with some coupons and a sale at Target, and I was going to need the diapers for the trip we took this past month. When DH came home with the 6 packages and I pulled them out of the bag I nearly gagged. I totally know what you mean about the headache. I put them in the basement on our storage shelves and every time I went down there I would come back up with my head hurting. DH thought I was just being a CD snob but the smell really made me ill. Thankfully it dissipated after about a week but then when I opened a pack it came on really strong again. Yuck yuck yuck. Pampers are the strongest too--definitely worse than Huggies.
Erin, SAHM of 4 adorable, smart, silly, exhausting, delightful, active boys: G 7/04, O 8/06, S 3/09, C 10/11. Married to my best friend since 4/03. Cloth diapering and loving it since May 2010!
Proud to offer beautiful, practical Lilla Rose hair accessories. Sick of the plastic claw? Try a Flexi clip instead!
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
Poet Laureate
Pampers ARE bad. I used luvs on my ds and never noticed a strong smell, but I babysat a little boy last week who used pampers and I gagged every time I had to change him! Whatever perfume they use is just awful.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Registered Users
They do stink. I had surgery last week, spent a few days in the hospital & am stuck in bed (broke my knee cap & tore the meniscus). Our washing machine may have died (water came flooding out so we need to get a repair person out here asap) so dh bought pampers baby dry.
I keep thinking I smell a dirty diaper but realize it's just the diaper itself.

Seventh Generation revamped their diapers & they give ds such a bad rash. I've read a ton of complaints about their new product. While Baby dry don't smell great, they don't give rashes like the 7th generation or pampers cruisers & the Dry max. We tried Huggies pure & natural but they just leak everywhere. They were awful.
Mom to my girls ('94), ('99) & ('02)
And my little guy (12/09)
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote