Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Prefolds, Contours, and Covers

I have several OS pockets that I bought with my first 2. Some need new elastic due to being used for 3 years and 2 kids. I also need to replace the aplix with snaps or other aplix on a couple. They will be great when the new baby is older and to finish out diapering days on the boys - who are currently potty learning.

The issue I am facing is what to use for small and newborn diapers for this new LO. I was thinking since it is a very short time that they will be needed, I would do contours or prefolds with covers to save $$. My babies are about 8lbs at birth or over, so newborn are not even a huge issue. I simply have never bought either of these types of diapers, as I used sized AIOs with my first 2 and switched to OS after DS3 was a few months old.

What size prefold would I get for an 8 lb baby? How many do I need? Should I use hemp or bamboo inserts to help with absorpion? Also, do they sill make contours? I have not seen them in a long time. I also have NO idea how to use prefolds...LOL! I am in need of advice

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote