Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #21
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
Re: I exclusively BF, but I need to buy a bottle since DS refuses the AVENT we have

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm View Post
I tried them all - had to go back to work and pumped - the only ones that worked were MAM, the thing I liked the best is that her mouth looked the same on a MAM as on me. It didn't take much to get her started, and she didn't ever, not once, ever drink from a different bottle.

Good luck and don't give up!
Yep and their pacies are the preferred ones too in this house. I think its easy to go back and forth between, breast, paci and bottle with that brand.

Advertisement

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #22
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: I exclusively BF, but I need to buy a bottle since DS refuses the AVENT we have

Thanks everyone, we're going to have DH try again one night this week before friday when I'm gone. If it doesn't go well I guess I'll just nurse before I leave and as soon as I get back since I'll only be gone about 2 1/2 hours.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #23
nolenscow
Registered Users

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but two LCs have recommended the Breastflow bottle by First Years. I had my heart set on glass bottles and was disappointed that they didn't think I should use my Born Free or Dr Browns. Now that we've used all 3, I have to admit the Breasflow is better. Milk comes out of the other two so fast and he doesn't need to work for it like he does with the one they recommended.
nolenscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #24
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid
Thanks everyone, we're going to have DH try again one night this week before friday when I'm gone. If it doesn't go well I guess I'll just nurse before I leave and as soon as I get back since I'll only be gone about 2 1/2 hours.
This is pretty much what I did with my second son who didn't want a bottle. As long as your dh can soothe some other way - babywearing, paci, walking around, etc. Your baby should be fine that long.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #25
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine won't take any silicone nipple. Only the playtex drop in latex. We've tried them ALL.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #26
Marydouglas76
Registered Users
seller

We tried the Evenflo glass classic bottles now with silicone nipples in the newborn stage. She likes them. We got them because 1) we didn't want plastic. 2) for nostalgia's sake...my hubs and I both were fed from those bottles. Only problem is I bought these babyfresh ice cube trays for storing breast milk & the cubes don't fit thru the neck w/out me shaving down the sides.
Marydouglas76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #27
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom View Post
Mine won't take any silicone nipple. Only the playtex drop in latex. We've tried them ALL.
We're going to try the latex nipple tonight or tomorrow. We'll see what happens then
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote