Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2006, 05:13 AM   #1
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Talking Why must I try to change My mind all the time????

Is this just a pregnancy thing, an OCD thing or just a "Dawn" thing?

So , I am nearly 31weeks along when all of a sudden dh comes home and says what about the name...? and I just look at him like he's nuts. I said it's been Lilly since you tried to change our older dd's name to that before she was born. We never actually thought of any other name, ever. From day 1 if it was a girl it was Lilly. So here I am thinking of all these other names. He calls me from work and says "we're still going with Lilly right?" and I'm like yeah, that's what it's been all along. In my head though I'm thinking cool, here's my chance to actually think of names. Then I remember we already have things embroidered and everyone has been calling her Lilly.

Do I just need something to go over and over again? I am not nesting yet and every week I focus on a baby item or two to buy so I don't have to get it all at once and I have something to look forward to.

In case you're wondering I am loving the names Molly Apple Magee or Maggie Jaymes Magee. Of course I am trying hard to stick with loving Lilly Jaymes (or Payge) Magee. AHHHHH....................

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 05:32 AM   #2
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why must I try to change My mind all the time????

Hey, if you all decide to change the name that's fine. You shouldn't feel wed to it just because that's the name you have been using up until now. People will adjust. I think it would be fun to go through a bunch of names. You may still wind up choosing Lilly in the moment that matters. But there's no harm in exploring others in the meantime to see if there's anything else out there that just really grabs you and your DH. No regrets!

BTW- I love the other names too. And what's the phrase from Shakespear?

" A rose by any other name still smells as sweet "

So will Lilly, IYKWIM
Old 06-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #3
allycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a name picked out for our son the whole pregnancy and then my dh wanted to change it at the last minute. I'm glad we did, because he looks much more like a Logan than a Carter I like all the names you picked out. I love Molly, that is so cute!! Anyway, whatever you decide will be perfect
Old 06-30-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Chloe went through SO many names while we were pg with her. She was Cambria Noelle for months but we went through a TON...We had Lily Elizabeth for awhile too...and there were a bunch we tossed around for a day or two. People would call her by whatever name we said it was at the time and then they'd have to readjust to a new name. THis pg they said they aren't going to call the baby anything till it's acually born and named...LOL

Anyway, we finally settled on Chloe Elizabeth at 37 weeks PG and she was born at 38 weeks. I think if you want to change it you should...a name is forever, and if you aren't completly in love with the name then you should change it...JMO though

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i like lilly...but of course that's one of the name we had picked out for a girl for the longest time. we had settled on Lorelai Nicole for a girl by the time our 20 week u/s was upon us though....only to find out we were having a boy!!! but i'd been set on Brighton Race for a couple year now..i LOVE it and it just feels right kwim? nothing else has ever entered my mind. with my first two (esp my first) we went through TONS though. i do have to say i am not terribly fond of AJ's first name...it was a compromise situation. i would've loved for his name to be chase or connor...or called him liam (if i could've talked dh into his middle name being william). dh was set on doing initials though and him having the same 1st name as him...blah. then ds 2, dh had his middle name picked out (that i wouldn't argue with, don't hate it or love it but it means alot to dh) and i liked the names Darrin or Dustin...obviously we chose dustin. later on found out that had i been a boy it would've been my name...i thought that was very neat!
so all in all....go with your gut, if you want to change the name then CHANGE IT! and i really do suggest NOT compromising on something you really don't like, b/c you honestly won't ever love it...only deal. not that you don't love your child any less obviously lol...a name is not something you learn to love.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13

Last edited by myajdw; 07-01-2006 at 04:43 PM.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

We never really talked about names too much. When we found out she was a girl her name just came to me and DH liked it so we stuck with it. I had some other names I liked along the way but he didnt. Like Payton (he said it was too boying/manish). And, just in case we had 2 boy names picked out (Ethan and Landen). But she was Riley Grace for several weeks we even have a Christmas Ornament that was given to use that says Riley Grace on it. But my MIL through a hissy fit over that because we were supposedly naming her after MILs sister which was SO not the case so I said "screw this" and named her after MY sister so she is Riley Nicole. But, so what if you have some things with Lily embroidered on them use them anyway she'll never know and Lily is a popular name these days you could probably sell them on here if you wanted to.
I agree with Shannon - a name is forever and if you have any doubts then dont fret on changing her name
Old 07-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #7
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

I am going to agree with the other mmamas above. If you want to change it, change it! With Destiny, her name is Destiny Faith, I had Isabella Danielle picked out and one day in church the pastor was about our destiny and having faith to rely on God . Destiny Faith just went right together. I still love the name Isabella Daniele, but it never seem to "feel just right". I did not have a doubt when I felt Destiny Faith for her name. This time if I am having a girl her name will be Hailey Rose. About 2 weeks before my BFP , in church again, I felt my next little girl's name would be Hailey because of the angels and the halo. I wanted Rose for the middle name no matter what the first name. So when I got my bfp, if everything is ok, and if this is a gilr, that is her name. It just feels right! So go with your gut! Pick a few and see what fits her when she gets here. Good luck!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #8
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Well, I can't stop caling her Lilly so I think it was just a phase. Maybe excited that I could actually think of another name since I had never even put thought into it. Everytime I talk to her she is Lilly. When I try to say another name (like Molly or Maggie) it's just not feeling right. Of course I also thought I was set on the middle name Jaymes for Lilly but the other night I said Lilly Payge without thinking. I think I just talk to my babies too much!! So I am pretty certain Lilly will be her name, as for a middle name we'll see when the time comes. I asked the kids what they thought and my son said Molly reminded him of 2 things ~ #1 my friend Melanie (whom we often call Molly) and #2 Molly from The Big Comfy Couch show. My dd said "Gammy calls me Maggie, not the baby" (she actually calls her Mags but I guess it's close enough). Lilly seems to already be who she is with her name so we'll keep it that way.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #9
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'm glad you've settled mama! for the longest time (like a year before i was pg) we were set on Heaven-Leigh Myree for a girl...then like i said we found out i was pg and it turned into Lorelai Nicole..Heaven just didn't feel right, although i still ADORE it! of course we're having a boy...so it didn't matter anyhow.
oh and i LOVE lilly jaymes...JMO though

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote