Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Interesting Website

I was just cruising the net today and happened on this site, I thought some of you might find this interesting because we are such a diverse group, thought it might give people a better understanding in the different types of parenting and maybe get some others to work on theirs.

http://members.aol.com/elsa22/parentingstyle.html

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Interesting Website

that's a good article...
Old 07-03-2006, 12:22 AM   #3
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

lol, that is kind of funny, the a's and z's anyway, i suppose the mass majority of us fall somewher inbetween, altho i noticed this quiz thing you could click on...
http://members.aol.com/elsa22/parentingtest.html
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #4
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

I like that!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

16-40 points- You practice moderate attachment parenting. You’re a free-thinker and therefore having a hard time finding where your family fits in. Your mainstream parents and sister think you’re a total hippy freak. The online attachment parenting group you tried to join made you feel guilty for choices you made. ***ETA: that last line in this paragraph is totally true... but it wasn't DS... I no longer go to that online forum.

Eventually, you will come to realize that the best parenting methods are the ones that work for your family. You’ll understand that what works best for your neighbors may not work for your family. You’ll understand that what worked for your first child may not work for your second child.

You do not follow rules. You do not follow fads. You follow your heart.

That was a neat "test"... and I underlined/bolded the absolute truth. Been like this all my life... it's also gotten me into trouble at times too, but eh.. who cares?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:01 AM   #6
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

41-69 points- You are a crunchy AP mom. You want the best for your child and for the world. You don’t care that your neighbors think you’re weird. You know your parenting style is the right one.

Although you are giving your children the gift of a safe, loving, and healthy environment, sometimes you might be doing things for the wrong reasons. When you make parenting decisions, make sure you are making them based on what your family needs…not based on what all the other AP moms are doing. And make sure you do your own research…your own reading before making important decisions.

Not sure i like how she worded that. I am a crunchy mom, and she made is sound like i am not doing this because i feel it is best, but becaseu I am following some fad. LOL Hubby jokes al lthe time by saying. "hunn, please stop trying to be like everyone else and be yourself" He knows I could really care less about what others say about me LOL
Old 07-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
Carrie
Registered Users

I'm another moderate attachment parenter. Which was good to hear. Because sometimes I think maybe I'm too mainstream. In my family it is "normal" to bf toddlers over 2. Oh well, at least our pedi thinks we're crunchy. He asked if we have a TV. LOL!