Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Pooping problem...TMI

For some reason DD has always had pooping issues. She is BF and takes solids (I make her food) when @ DCP. The latest thing is that there is mucousy blood in her stools. I have saved a sample and took it the the dr who had it tested and everything came back normal. When asked about the blood she told me that DD's intestines were irritated and that it really wasn't anything to worry about. Not being satisfied I got a 2nd and 3rd opion only to be told the same thing. Last week she was sick and also had an extended EEG so we spent the whole week together and she barely took any solids and didn't seem to have this problem. Now that she is back @ DCP and taking solids it is happening again. It is so sad to hear her when she has a bm, she does this pittiful gasping cry and freaks out when you walk towards the changing table with her. She is hating diaper changes now. I don't know what to do to make this stop! If anyone has any ideas/advice I would really appreciate it. TIA!

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pooping problem...TMI

Perhaps it's an allergy. Take her for a blood test to test for food allergies.

Poor baby
Old 07-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

If they are saying her intestines are irritated then the next step would be food allergies or something of this nature take her to get tested for food allergies.

GOOD LUCK
Old 07-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
lilmama2dsndd
seller

My Mood:

I never even though about a food allergy! Poor baby and here I have been sending her with the food I make. I throw a serving of whatever I cooked for dinner in the food processor! Thank you so much, I will call the dr to schedule an allergy test.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

My dd can not tolerate for me to have any eggs, milk, sour cream, ice cream etc. (dd is just starting solids) The only dairy I eat that doesn't seem to bother her is cheese. My dd has trouble pooping if I eat any of the "bad" foods. Poor baby went as long as 9 days, before the pediatrician would listen to me. They have me give her baby lax glycerin suppositories (the solid or liquid) if she goes to long. She also started getting an ounce or two of prune juice since she was 6 weeks old. It works wonder and keeps everything working for her. Now she has a little bit of prune baby food everyday too. I have also had the blood & mucous diaper. The pediatrician told me that blood/mucous in stool is generally a sign of a dairy allergy. Lots of babies do out grow the dairy allergy or can at least have lactose free milk products as they get older. I hope you find a doc to listen to you, so you can prevent this. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
lilmama2dsndd
seller

My Mood:

I really don't think it is a dairy allergy, I have always drank TONS of milk (like 5 gal/week) and the mucous/blood thing only started the last couple of weeks. I am going to get her checked for other allergies. I try to cook bland but lately have been making a lot of Italian food, I am thinking maybe the tomatoe sauce has something to do with it now...
Old 07-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #7
itsmelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tomatoes could definitely be the problem. My dd had a tomato allergy. She has outgrown it now and loves tomatoes. LOL
itsmelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #8
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

oh poor baby hope you can figure out what allergies she has GL!!
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote