Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
My baby is weaning

I think. He is having pollen allergies and his nose is so stopped up her prefers a sipppy cup. He hasn't managed to nurse in two days. I'm sad but also kind of glad. I'm pregnant and my boobs are sore and I'd love not to be the only one to put him to bed.

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: My baby is weaning

Usually weaning happens gradually, not in two days. Abruptly rejecting nursing is typically known as a nursing strike (even when a baby is sick, that is common). Its usually temporary, but if you encourage it, your LO may wean.

I remember when I was pregnant, my nipples were SO sore! And I wasn't nursing a baby at the time! I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be nursing while pregnant. You should get an award for that. You are one sweet mama.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

He did end up nursing last night after I gave him nose drops and seemed quite happy about it. He has been slowly weaning, he is basically down to twice a day. He no longer asks to nurse when he wakes up or when he bumps his head.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

(((HUGS))) Either way I hope he's able to nurse as long as he wants, and that your girls ease up on the pain soon.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
He did end up nursing last night after I gave him nose drops and seemed quite happy about it. He has been slowly weaning, he is basically down to twice a day. He no longer asks to nurse when he wakes up or when he bumps his head.
Ahhh... well, then he probably will be totally done soon. Especially since you are pregnant. Its a sad and happy transition. You did a great job nursing him as long as you did and it sounds like he is very comfortable with the transition to being weaned.