Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #11
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Breastfeeding and Weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl08 View Post
I am the odd one out, but I am doing the Weight Watchers Points Plus plan. They have you add extra points to account for nursing. They only want you losing 1lb a week, which so far I have stuck to. My little one is 7mths old, 21lbs and I have plenty of milk. I am 12lbs below my pre-pregnancy.
I'm doing WWPP, too. I am back to pre-DS weight, but not back to pre-DD weight!! The accountability makes it work for me. I am tandem nursing and pumping to donate and I can still stall at a not-so-healthy weight.

I actually gained weight while nursing my DD when she was little--I was ravenous and ate everything in sight and well, that isn't a good idea, even if you're nursing. It's very easy (for me) to eat 500 extra calories--give me 5 minutes!

It's likely though that if you did some drastic caloric restriction, you would suffer before your milk supply and your baby would have any difficulty. Mothers can be literally starving and still make perfectly good milk for their babies--not that I recommend this. You should take care of your own body, too.

Advertisement