Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
hwinte87
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breastfeeding and pregnancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibeca View Post
I am currently nursing through my 3rd pregnancy and tandemed for 8 months after my 2nd was born. I dried up and nursing was awful for me, but I toughed it out.

This time around, I am using More Milk Two. I still don't have a full supply (had SERIOUS oversupply with my first and second) but this has helped a lot. Perhaps about 50% of previous supply instead of just drops of milk.

It can be done. Check out: Adventures in Tandem Nursing.
Thank you SO much for this info!

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
Kandarpa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been in exactly same situation, my DS1 was much older when I became pregnant with DS2, he was was almost 3 years old . So he wasn't entirely depending on breastmilk, although he preferred it to food. He was not a good eater at all until close to 4. He was almost entirely on breastmilk until close to 2 y.o. My DS2 is 11 months old now and older is 4.5 and they tandem nurse. DS1 never weaned himself during pregnancy, and I'd love to let him nurse for as long as he wants, even though it's hard for me sometimes. Now as for my milk during pregnancy, the first month my supply increased so much it even started to leak. Then it went back to normal and then decreased, but never dried up. I don't think there was more than just a few drops after the 4th month or so, and then it turned into colostrum. DS1 never seemed to be bothered though I tend to have a crazy oversupply for the first few months after birth, so DS1 was very helpful at that after DS2 was born!
And, I highly recommend fenugreek and fennel tea for increasing lactation! You can just buy the seeds from a health food store and make tea by using about half a teaspoon for a cup of water. Add seeds to boiling water, cover with lid and let sit for 20 minutes. Drink a few cups a day.
HTH!

Last edited by Kandarpa; 03-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Kandarpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
chloesmama7
Registered Users
seller

Little different, because DD was 3 by the time I got pg, but kept nursing all the way through even though it ebbed and flowed with the changes in my supply and taste of milk. There were times that honestly I HATED nursing during pg because it could be extremely uncomfortable both physically and mentally (the heebie jeebies...) but in the end my belief in CLW was stronger and I'm glad I stuck it out.

I *highly* recommend the book "Adventures In Tandem Nursing" even if you decide not to pursue tandeming - she has some awesome advice about nursing during and after pg in general, helping the older child(ren) with the changes no matter what you choose to do. Also I believe kellymom has some good links to info and btdt experiences.

Congrats and good luck!!
chloesmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote