Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #11
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Dr. Jay Gordon's night weaning method and how it's working for me

We've been nightweaning for 4 weeks and we're finally seeing some significant progress. We still have setbacks because of teething or traveling, but it has made a difference in her waking.

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #12
macksvolmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for posting this! I will be attempting this in just a couple more months. Will be watching and reading this thread...
macksvolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
nicandboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

MamaWillow- if you see this, it would be so great to hear how long it took before he was sleeping without nursing at all.

I just started this myself a few days ago and when I did a google search, I found this thread. Ironically, my ds is the same age yours was when you did this. I am a zombie after night 3 and it was encouraging to read your thread!

My baby, unfortunately, doesn't lay there, he gets mad and kicks and crawls all over the bed. I'm not sure we'll be able to keep cosleeping but we'll see.
nicandboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, an update! Sadly being pregnant or nursing for the past 4 years has completely removed my ability to remember anything, lol. Plus we did this two whole years ago...I can't believe it's been that long. I'm thinking that it was going well in the beginning (like my last post said) but I vaguely remember it not really working at that point. Or sometime after we started. Like maybe I was making progress and then for some reason we went back to nursing at night? I'm so sorry that I can't remember. In my fuzzy memory, I actually night weaned DS sometime in the summer. He was about 19 months old, IIRC. We must have shelved the Dr. Jay method and done something else. But I just can't remember what!
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote