Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
blackberry75
Registered Users

Not this again

Just like her brother, little Miss(7 days today) is tongue tied. Very tight lingual frenulum=exceedingly painful nursing sessions. Right now we are back to the routine we used for Gman. It kept him fed, but made me feel like poop as a mom. I have to use a breast shield at every feeding or my nips feel like ground meat, I can't nurse on one side for more than 10m tops even w/ the breast shield because of the pain. Then she gets a bottle, then I pump for what little good that does. I don't even think my milk has come in because it still looks like colostrum to me.

The LC is trying to get an SNS, though I'm not sure I see any point to it. I'm so frustrated and upset w/ the whole situation. Every feeding I want to cry, partly because of the pain partly because I feel like failure again. Gman only nursed for 9m-and I blame myself for that. We never got his tongue clipped(we simply couldn't find anyone who would do it) and 9m is when I introduced the cup. If I'd waited maybe he would have nursed until at least a year. I've already insisted Little Miss get clipped asap-even if we have to drive hours to an ENT or ped dentist. I can't go through this again, it's to hard. Emotionally I feel like I'm letting her down if I don't BF, but I can't take months and months of the pain again. I just can't do it, it would be better to pump exclusively or just switch to formula than go through that heck again.

Advertisement

blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
mommysoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not this again

So sorry ur having a tough time but u shldn't feel bad, ur doing the best that u can despite putting urself in great discomfort. I hope u find someone who will clip her tongue ASAP. GL!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not this again

There is someone in Dayton OH that clips. If you email Dr. Kotlow he can give you names. Also, Dr. Allison Hazelbaker is in Columbus OH and she would have some good resources for you also. Dayton is only 3-3.5 hours from you. I drove 3.5 hours to have my DD's clipped and it was sooo worth it!! (If you're not familiar with these two names, just google them) Good luck!

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857
e_roehm23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am in my iPod so I cannot see where you are from, but there are actually a few dr.s in Dayton who clip. Pm me and I can find you details.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Would you consider feeding with a cup, spoon, or syringe until you can get the tt clipped? I think it will make a big difference when you're ready to bring her back to the breast full time.