Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Registered Users
itchy breasts and bra

DD is 3 weeks old. I've mostly been in the house so have been going bra-less. Now I want to go out in public again. I have 1 nursing bra. As soon as I put it on, my breasts itch like crazy! It's only when I wear the bra. I'm assuming it's the material. Has anyone exerienced this? Any recommendations for a bra (probably cotton I'm guessing) for about an E cup (maybe a bit larger now).

lotstolearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: itchy breasts and bra

It could be your detergent too, try hand washing without detergent and see if that makes any difference.
As for a bra recommendation... No padding, underwire or boning. I didn't know boning existed, but all the nursing bras I got without underwire had it. I ended up getting 2 cases of mastitis in the same week and had to go braless for a few days. I removed the boning and it is fine now, but I will say that the padding is now bugging me just because I find it annoying >_>
They have some plain cotton nursing bras at Wal-mart, but they seem to run small, so I don't think you will find anything. The bras I got at Motherhood are the ones I am so ticked with. I also got 2 online from Leading Lady, and I don't like them either. I have one from LLL International, and the only thing I don't like about it is the front snaps (they pop open and are hard to close one handed). It seems to run big in the cup too.
DH & I happily welcomed Squig March '08 and Hiccup March '12

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote