Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
TryingHard
Registered Users
seller

A sharp tooth like feel on toddlers molar tooth??

This freaked me out. My 17 month old has a back molar tooth completely in and today I discovered a white Sharp something on the side of the tooth growing. I first saw it when she was crying and thought her next tooth broke thru her gum. But when I put my finger in there to touch I got so scared. She refused to let me touch, of course, but I am thinking that maybe her next tooth is just growing in the wrong place and trying to push away the tooth that's already there? But it didn't feel so, it felt rather like a sharp bump and It's exposed on the side.
I thought I should take her to a dentist maybe? But it was too late for calls when i discovered it. I made an appointment to see her,pediatrician tomorrow. I hope he has an answer for this.
Meanwhile I am scared. Perhaps it's nothing and I'm worrying for no reason? Please If anyone here can help me solve this weird mystery I will really appreciate it!!

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Not sure. Hope your pediatrician has a good idea!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
TryingHard
Registered Users
seller

So the pedi claims It's the tooth that is still growing. If when the tooth is completely in and it still looks weird then I should take her to a dentist. I actually thought the tooth is all in but he showed me that It's not yet. I guess I'll wait another few weeks?? Or do any of you suggest I see a dentist rather for precautions?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKikow
So the pedi claims It's the tooth that is still growing. If when the tooth is completely in and it still looks weird then I should take her to a dentist. I actually thought the tooth is all in but he showed me that It's not yet. I guess I'll wait another few weeks?? Or do any of you suggest I see a dentist rather for precautions?
I think you should just wait. I used to be a dental assistant and with something like that I don't think anything could be done until afterwards. If she is extreme pain, I would say go in.
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
TryingHard
Registered Users
seller

She's not in pain at all, looks like. It just struck me weird when I saw it. The pedi said the only thing a dentist can do is an exray. I guess I will hold off on that until the tooth is completely in.
Thanks though for your replies.