Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
momriehl
Registered Users

New to DS

Hi i am new to this site. i am a mom interested in trying cloth diapers with my second child, which is due in november. i have a son that is almost 3 an just used pampers with him, but am hoping that using cloth diapers will save us money. Would be happy for any advice on what the best kind is.

Advertisement

momriehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New to DS

Hi! I may get more replies in one of the diaper chatter forums but I'll share my thoughts here

The best kind really depends on childs body shape and amount of urine they produce. Some diapers well loved by nearly everyone may not be the best fit or type for your child. It takes some trial and error to figure out what you love.

I have cloth diapered for awhile and tried a lot of different brands on the three kids I diapered during that time.

Personally, the only type of diaper that worked well on all three kids, without fail, was prefolds. There is a bit of a learning curve but it isn;t bad.They happen to also be inexpensive and very easy to care for. Econobum covers work very well for my kids as well. I love higher priced covers BUT Econobums work perfectly well and they are inexpensive.

My favorite diapering system after all these years is to take a prefold,trifold it and just lay it in a good cover. You do have to use a slightly smaller prefold when doing this. We love the older style GMD yellow edged prefolds

Bumgenius AIO's and pockets are really popular among many people as well.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote