Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:
Masticating juicers

Do you actually notice a difference in terms of actual health benefit over centrifugal based juicer? Just reading a lot of debate on the whole heat issue aside from more foam the non-masticating juicers create. I don't think it gets hot enough to really completely destroy the nutrients?

Either way we were checking out the masticating juicers by Omega and the price seems in par with some of the popular juicers like Breville.

Any other recommendations?

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We love our omega. I don't know about noticeable health differences. I love that it can do wheatgrass which the centrifuge style cannot, even though we dont do wheatgrass all the time. I like that there are zero blades. My son (2yo) helps juice everything and helps me wash it we love ours. Plus it's waaaaaay easier to clean than my old jack lalane style one I had years ago.

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Masticating juicers

Thank you; very good to know about wheatgrass
Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

We've had 3 masticating juicers (Champion, Green Star, and Omega) and we actually prefer our Breville. It's just so fast and easy to clean! And juices SUPER fast. My husband is the big juicer in the family, and he would not go back to any of the masticating juicers if he were given one for free.

His big objection was cleaning them afterwards. He said it was 45 minutes of work to make one glass of juice (not sure if the 45 minutes included the actual juicing process and preparing veggies and fruit or not). Anyways, as much as he loves his juices (does extensive juice fasts at least once a year, on top of regular juicing), he was so sick of the lengthy cleaning processes that he just wouldn't juice at all. He had to get up 45 minutes early to make his juices before work, and with the Breville he can do it without getting up early at all.

Health benefits, I don't know. I know there's debate but the consensus seems to be that if something is easy to use then you will automatically use it more and thus have more health benefits.

But what is easy to use for one person isn't easy to use for another person, so it depends on how time intensive you like your juice.

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmm I guess we have to weigh in some options...if it really takes that long then Breville does sound more ideal. Guess we'll have to look into it further Thanks for the info!