Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!
Playmobil, Plan Toys, Kidkraft question about scale/size

I'm having trouble finding dimensions of some items I'm considering for Christmas gifts for dd and wonder if anyone has these toys you may be able to answer my questions.

My daughter has the Fisher-Price "My First Dollhouse" and I wonder if the Plan Toys dollhouse accessories will be a comparable size? I don't need it to be exact, but wonder if it's close enough that the Plan Toys pieces could be a nice addition to the F-P dollhouse, which came with very few pieces.
For reference, here are the links to the toys:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2301378
http://www.diapers.com/p/plan-toys-d...nursery-152028

And I'm wondering if the Playmobil fire trucks will work with the Kidkraft Fire Station. Kidkraft lists the dimensions of the fire station but not the individual trucks. I'm alright if the Playmobil trucks don't fit into the kidkraft fire station but wonder if they might be somewhat comparable in size so that the Playmobile people can be used in the kidkraft fire station. Here are the links to these 2 products:
http://www.diapers.com/p/kidkraft-fi...ion-set-111093
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=4249984

Any opinions on Plan Toys and Playmobil in general? I've been pleased with all of our Kidkraft purchases so I'm firm on the KK fire station rather than the playmobil fire station. Thanks so much! I live in the boonies and rely on internet/mail order shopping because it's too far to get to most stores (over an hr to Target and 3 hrs to ToysRUs)

Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by divabeadz
Any opinions on Plan Toys and Playmobil in general? I've been pleased with all of our Kidkraft purchases so I'm firm on the KK fire station rather than the playmobil fire station. Thanks so much! I live in the boonies and rely on internet/mail order shopping because it's too far to get to most stores (over an hr to Target and 3 hrs to ToysRUs)
In general, I like Plan Toys

Have you looked at Amazon? The reviews there often have good info. Although diapers.com usually shows them so you might have seen them.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Playmobil, Plan Toys, Kidkraft question about scale/size

We have both fire trucks an the playmobil truck is longer but other than that should work ok. I can get a pic of them side by side for you if I can sneak in my son's room and dig out the playmobil one. I love love love playmobil but my lego addict son takes all the stuff apart after it takes hours to put it together. My 2nd son doesn't do that so it is all in his room. I'll be back

eta: the playmobil truck is in a bin with a bunch of other stuff and I don't want to risk waking him so I'll get pics for you in the morning, sorry!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!

Last edited by 2boysmama; 10-19-2012 at 08:41 PM.
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our childrens museum have the PlanToys everything and they seem small. I think they'd work with Fisher Price Little People. Don't know how comparable that is to My First Dollhouse though.
The fire truck is 11.4 x 4.7 x 6.6 inches and the fire station is 34 x 8.9 x 20.3. The trucks that go with the fire station look like 1/3-1/4 size in length so about 8-10 inches in length. I'd assume the Play Mobile people would work.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have a few of the Plan Toys infant type toys and the quality is awesome. Aside from the piece that the dog chewed on everything is in great shape after quite a lot of use.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #6
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have that Playmobile Fire truck. Is i in the box (a gift for DS for later). LMK if you need me to go look at the box to see the size (or anything else about it).

DH loved PlayMobil as a kid and still has a few of those We lucked up on a toy store going out of business in our mall and bought several large sets and some accessories pieces for future Xmas/Bday gifts.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They are very tiny. I am so excited though as I am getting my daughter the vet clinic set for xmas--she will be 6 in Jan. All the reviews I have read seem to indicate that they are best for older children. They do have a toddler line.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
In general, I like Plan Toys

Have you looked at Amazon? The reviews there often have good info. Although diapers.com usually shows them so you might have seen them.
Yes, the Plan Toys reviews are fantastic so I'm really interested in trying some things out! The Playmobil reviews are equally good on the products once they are assembled but it seems that assembling them can be quite a bit of work with lots of small pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama View Post
We have both fire trucks an the playmobil truck is longer but other than that should work ok. I can get a pic of them side by side for you if I can sneak in my son's room and dig out the playmobil one. I love love love playmobil but my lego addict son takes all the stuff apart after it takes hours to put it together. My 2nd son doesn't do that so it is all in his room. I'll be back

eta: the playmobil truck is in a bin with a bunch of other stuff and I don't want to risk waking him so I'll get pics for you in the morning, sorry!
Oh great, that's exactly what I was wondering. I don't care if it fits, per se, but I wanted it to be somewhat comparable in size so they could be played with at the same time. Sounds like it will work out! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Freak_955 View Post
Our childrens museum have the PlanToys everything and they seem small. I think they'd work with Fisher Price Little People. Don't know how comparable that is to My First Dollhouse though.
The fire truck is 11.4 x 4.7 x 6.6 inches and the fire station is 34 x 8.9 x 20.3. The trucks that go with the fire station look like 1/3-1/4 size in length so about 8-10 inches in length. I'd assume the Play Mobile people would work.
Thank you, this is helpful. The PT dollhouses seem so large so I assumed the accessories would seem equally large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Kim View Post
We have a few of the Plan Toys infant type toys and the quality is awesome. Aside from the piece that the dog chewed on everything is in great shape after quite a lot of use.
Hee hee...dang dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
I have that Playmobile Fire truck. Is i in the box (a gift for DS for later). LMK if you need me to go look at the box to see the size (or anything else about it).

DH loved PlayMobil as a kid and still has a few of those We lucked up on a toy store going out of business in our mall and bought several large sets and some accessories pieces for future Xmas/Bday gifts.
Wow, he (your DH) still has a few? That alone indicates the quality. I think I will take the plunge and get the fire truck to go with the kidkraft fire station so she's got more than one fire truck to play with.

Thank you everyone for your helpful feedback!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

BTW, there is a remote control you can buy for that fire truck. We might get it but it is kind of pricey ($70ish).

And yes, my DH (31) and his brother have lots of their PlayMobil sets
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
BTW, there is a remote control you can buy for that fire truck. We might get it but it is kind of pricey ($70ish).

And yes, my DH (31) and his brother have lots of their PlayMobil sets
Yikes, that makes it one expensive toy in the end. She's young enough I think I will skip the remote control for now...lol.