Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Kindle fire is nice and sturdy. Looks like apple will have its mini tablet announced this week in the $250 price range.

We had a samsung galaxy and it would not stand up to our kids so we returned it.

The kindle fire has gotten good usage but they always fall back to the ipads. If $250 is in your price range I would wait to see if apple releases the mini this week.

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody
Kindle fire is nice and sturdy. Looks like apple will have its mini tablet announced this week in the $250 price range.

We had a samsung galaxy and it would not stand up to our kids so we returned it.

The kindle fire has gotten good usage but they always fall back to the ipads. If $250 is in your price range I would wait to see if apple releases the mini this week.
I didn't know that Apple was releasing a mini with a lower price -- this is great to know! Thanks!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

I hear rumblings there will be an iPad mini really soon. It might be worth the wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday if you want a killer deal!

ETA - our 2yo DD hijacked one of our iPads 6 months ago... It's now hers. It's been dropped (often), stepped on, beaten on by a rough 2yo, and it's never had a hint of an issue!! Durable as a heck. We love our Apple products. Our old iPhones are now used as iPods for the kids.

Last edited by HugeBabyBoy; 10-20-2012 at 05:54 PM.
HugeBabyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTeacher

I didn't know that Apple was releasing a mini with a lower price -- this is great to know! Thanks!
They have an announcement set for tuesday or weds this week. 99% sure its the mini.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #15
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody

They have an announcement set for tuesday or weds this week. 99% sure its the mini.
I will be on the lookout!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Suggest a good tablet for almost 4 year old?

My ds was not even 4.5 when I got my kindle fire, and he took to it no problem. There are lots of free apps, and tons more I wont pay for, lol. They cost $200

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife2002
My ds was not even 4.5 when I got my kindle fire, and he took to it no problem. There are lots of free apps, and tons more I wont pay for, lol. They cost $200
I have been wanting to get a Kindle Fire for myself! Maybe we will end up with 2 of them, or one to share. Are the apps for an iPad free? I really don't want to spend a fortune on apps.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a nook tablet and its the best 200 we've spent. It.sucked at first but dh did something to it so that we could access the android market and all the few apps. Otherwise it was mostly crap free apps and the ones everyone else had free (words with friends, draw something etc) were like $4-5?

Anyway we best the hell out of it with no case and its in like new condition. The edge is like a rubber bumper that protects it I think. It had a memory card slot which is a huge bonus and the screen quality is gorgeous. Its the only screen I can see squinter bfps on (a must for all 4 year olds...wait a minute...) And watching netflix is amazing. Its hands down the best screen of ask the tablets we have played with, but I can't speak for how it compares to an ipad because dh has an anti apple agenda.

Dh is a techie nerd and he likes the nexus 7. I guess its only $199 and wouldn't have to be btoken out of jail (or whatever?)
Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #19
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Suggest a good tablet for almost 4 year old?

After a suggestion on here from a momma we decided to order a Nabi 2 for DD1 for Xmas. It looks similar to DH's Motorola Xoom but a kid friendly version.