Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #31
CaylaEP
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

Yes! I want to get DS a bitty twin for Xmas, but need to find someone who wants the other twin!

Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #32
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok thanks for the opinions =) Terra-- yeah, its the gender thing. he has had dolls and other girly type toys, so that doesnt bother me at all, its just that hes in kindy now and i didnt know if this was TOO girly and he was in the age where he could get made fun of by friends... he doesnt really want a boy doll, i think he likes the hair and the prettyness of the girl dolls. he was looking at the AG dolls that you can get to look like you and he found the doll that looked like the girl version of him (short brown hair, brown eyes, light skin) amd he thought that was way cool. tonight i asked him again if he wanted one, and he said "isnt it too much money?", so i think if i didnt mention the money last time, he would have jumped on it tonight. i really do think he would love it =) i just dont want him to get teased for it (by kids and adults... yeah esp. my father...).
Old 10-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #33
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
ok thanks for the opinions =) Terra-- yeah, its the gender thing. he has had dolls and other girly type toys, so that doesnt bother me at all, its just that hes in kindy now and i didnt know if this was TOO girly and he was in the age where he could get made fun of by friends... he doesnt really want a boy doll, i think he likes the hair and the prettyness of the girl dolls. he was looking at the AG dolls that you can get to look like you and he found the doll that looked like the girl version of him (short brown hair, brown eyes, light skin) amd he thought that was way cool. tonight i asked him again if he wanted one, and he said "isnt it too much money?", so i think if i didnt mention the money last time, he would have jumped on it tonight. i really do think he would love it =) i just dont want him to get teased for it (by kids and adults... yeah esp. my father...).
I hear that! My 4 y.o. is very much into "girly" things. And he's starting to hear "that's for girls" now from other kids and adults. He has quite a few girly toys and plays with them all the time at home. And he carries a Disney Princess backpack to school But I do have some family like that too! :/
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #34
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It is def. ok. However, because they are so expensive I would make sure that he really is interested. Does he really want to act out/play the life a girl? I'm not suggesting in any way that he shouldn't but I would just make sure as that is what they are.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #35
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

No.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #36
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
No. But I wouldn't get one for DD either. They aren't in our budget. Plus I only have one DS and he wouldn't want one.
This exactly, only I have 2 boys and 2 girls.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #37
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
No. But I wouldn't get one for DD either. They aren't in our budget. Plus I only have one DS and he wouldn't want one.

The sad thing for me(not really) is that I only have 1 child, a daughter, and she is afraid of the one that my mother got for her. She doesn't really like stuffed animals either. Somehow she is afraid of the faces or something.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #38
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleypippen View Post
I got the same catalogue this week and was totally thinking about if I could get DS a bitty baby when he's a little older! I say if he wants one and would play with it, then absolutely. (Ever heard of the song 'William Wants a Doll'?)
And now I have that song (with the whiny voice) stuck in my head!

DS asked for one last year, right after DD got hers. DH & I discussed it a ton - we basically figured he was just asking because they're cute but if he kept it up, we wouldn't have a had a problem with it, other than the fact it's a VERY expensive toy if you don't absolutely want one (DD plays with hers constantly). He dropped the idea of it, even though the catalogs still come here, so I'm assuming it was just that they were cute.

Last edited by cmarsh31; 10-20-2012 at 06:48 PM.
cmarsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #39
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumkinsmommy View Post
The sad thing for me(not really) is that I only have 1 child, a daughter, and she is afraid of the one that my mother got for her. She doesn't really like stuffed animals either. Somehow she is afraid of the faces or something.
My nephew was always scared of dolls. I think he was freaked out about the eyes. He is 16 and 6'5 now and we tease him about it now.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #40
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think I would, but I wouldn't get one for my dd either. They are so expensive.