Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #31
CaylaEP's Avatar
CaylaEP
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western MA
Posts: 1,131
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

Yes! I want to get DS a bitty twin for Xmas, but need to find someone who wants the other twin!

Advertisement

__________________
Young, Happy & Extremely Busy Mama to DS Keelan 4/24/10
CaylaEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #32
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: I live in MA
Posts: 5,661
My Mood:
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

ok thanks for the opinions =) Terra-- yeah, its the gender thing. he has had dolls and other girly type toys, so that doesnt bother me at all, its just that hes in kindy now and i didnt know if this was TOO girly and he was in the age where he could get made fun of by friends... he doesnt really want a boy doll, i think he likes the hair and the prettyness of the girl dolls. he was looking at the AG dolls that you can get to look like you and he found the doll that looked like the girl version of him (short brown hair, brown eyes, light skin) amd he thought that was way cool. tonight i asked him again if he wanted one, and he said "isnt it too much money?", so i think if i didnt mention the money last time, he would have jumped on it tonight. i really do think he would love it =) i just dont want him to get teased for it (by kids and adults... yeah esp. my father...).
__________________
Jen
jennym91005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #33
Terra's Avatar
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 12,331
My Mood:
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
ok thanks for the opinions =) Terra-- yeah, its the gender thing. he has had dolls and other girly type toys, so that doesnt bother me at all, its just that hes in kindy now and i didnt know if this was TOO girly and he was in the age where he could get made fun of by friends... he doesnt really want a boy doll, i think he likes the hair and the prettyness of the girl dolls. he was looking at the AG dolls that you can get to look like you and he found the doll that looked like the girl version of him (short brown hair, brown eyes, light skin) amd he thought that was way cool. tonight i asked him again if he wanted one, and he said "isnt it too much money?", so i think if i didnt mention the money last time, he would have jumped on it tonight. i really do think he would love it =) i just dont want him to get teased for it (by kids and adults... yeah esp. my father...).
I hear that! My 4 y.o. is very much into "girly" things. And he's starting to hear "that's for girls" now from other kids and adults. He has quite a few girly toys and plays with them all the time at home. And he carries a Disney Princess backpack to school But I do have some family like that too! :/
__________________
Terra: Independent woman, wife to Eric , mother to David & Aaron
Deeply spiritual, follower of Christ, connnected to my Native American spiritual roots. Over-thinker on life!
http://myownblueplanet.blogspot.com/
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #34
pumkinsmommy's Avatar
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,472
My Mood:
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

It is def. ok. However, because they are so expensive I would make sure that he really is interested. Does he really want to act out/play the life a girl? I'm not suggesting in any way that he shouldn't but I would just make sure as that is what they are.
__________________
Theresa - sahm to sweet, baby(big girl ) Caroline who was born on 1-23-07 after her mommy dreamed of her for a lifetime
pumkinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #35
AbbieJack's Avatar
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,217
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

No.
__________________
Helpmeet to a wonderful DH Mommy to A 8J 5
Angel baby 12-25-11 , W 4-16-13 - 4-30-13 E4-12-14
AbbieJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #36
hac1224's Avatar
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,268
My Mood:
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
No. But I wouldn't get one for DD either. They aren't in our budget. Plus I only have one DS and he wouldn't want one.
This exactly, only I have 2 boys and 2 girls.
__________________
Heather - happily married to Adam since 2003 - homeschooling mama to Wyatt (9/04), Levi (9/06), Ryleigh (12/07), and Amelia (12/09)
hac1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #37
pumkinsmommy's Avatar
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,472
My Mood:
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
No. But I wouldn't get one for DD either. They aren't in our budget. Plus I only have one DS and he wouldn't want one.


The sad thing for me(not really) is that I only have 1 child, a daughter, and she is afraid of the one that my mother got for her. She doesn't really like stuffed animals either. Somehow she is afraid of the faces or something.
__________________
Theresa - sahm to sweet, baby(big girl ) Caroline who was born on 1-23-07 after her mommy dreamed of her for a lifetime
pumkinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #38
cmarsh31's Avatar
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,364
My Mood:
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleypippen View Post
I got the same catalogue this week and was totally thinking about if I could get DS a bitty baby when he's a little older! I say if he wants one and would play with it, then absolutely. (Ever heard of the song 'William Wants a Doll'?)
And now I have that song (with the whiny voice) stuck in my head!

DS asked for one last year, right after DD got hers. DH & I discussed it a ton - we basically figured he was just asking because they're cute but if he kept it up, we wouldn't have a had a problem with it, other than the fact it's a VERY expensive toy if you don't absolutely want one (DD plays with hers constantly). He dropped the idea of it, even though the catalogs still come here, so I'm assuming it was just that they were cute.
__________________
Carly, momma to Matthew (5/2/05) and Jillian Grace (4/30/08) My Knitting Gallery Open for Customs

Last edited by cmarsh31; 10-20-2012 at 06:48 PM.
cmarsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #39
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumkinsmommy View Post
The sad thing for me(not really) is that I only have 1 child, a daughter, and she is afraid of the one that my mother got for her. She doesn't really like stuffed animals either. Somehow she is afraid of the faces or something.
My nephew was always scared of dolls. I think he was freaked out about the eyes. He is 16 and 6'5 now and we tease him about it now.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #40
Vivhop98's Avatar
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 4,394
My Mood:
Re: would you get an A.G. doll for your son?

I don't think I would, but I wouldn't get one for my dd either. They are so expensive.
__________________
Vivian, wife to Ben,poet, Homeschooling mama to B-9,M-5, S-3 :
"Past the mission and I smell the roses"
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.