Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Direct Sales - how do you get your name out there?

I have just started selling It Works! products and I'm looking for some ideas as to how to get my name out there and gather up some loyal customers!

Since I moved to the US, most of my friends are in the UK and any friends I have here tend to live pretty far away... So parties are kind of hard for me to do and I'm still building up my confidence, so the idea of doing it with strangers gives me a bit of a panic... It's something I'd like to do at some point though, just seems tough at the moment!

I'm planning to get some brochures to tag on my neighbours doors (we have clips for messages etc) and leave my business card in random places, like someone recommended.

Any other great ideas, especially online - I stay at home and don't have a full driving license?

TIA!! I'm so excited to make this work and want to make sure I get off to a running start!

Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Teresa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Direct Sales - how do you get your name out there?

I just started selling AVON, and here are a few things I'm going to do:

-Drop off some brochures at our doctor's office, our hair salon, and with other moms at my daughter's gymnastics gym.

-I'm trying to offer as many incentives as I can. With AVON, it is harder to offer incentives online than it is in person. I'm quickly realizing that I will have to get out there and hand out brochures. I do feel a little nervous, but I am excited to get out of the house and meet new people. Also, I plan to continually give them discounts and good service, so I feel good about helping them.

-My family and a few super-close friends are receiving the same discount as me. It is true that I will not make money; in fact I will lose slightly because of brochure costs, etc., but they are already giving me referrals, and that is so valuable. I know your family is far away, but maybe you could offer someone a discount if they give you a good referral.

These are just a few ideas I have. Best wishes to you!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks! Great ideas! Good luck with your business!