Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bluegrass Country
Posts: 1,428
My Mood:
Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI

So last night DH and I were having some great rough sex and I realized that I was wet....really really wet. I know how my body responds and it wasn't normal at all.

Could I be leaking amniotic fluid? I was slick and clear no smell. I know it sounds weird but I am a little freaked out. I see the MW tomorrow and just had a normal 21 wk u/s yesterday morning-all checked out good.

WWYD?

Advertisement

__________________
Mama married to my soulmate and homebirth partner. I am a co-sleeping, , ing, babywearing, ERF, and delayed vaxing mama to two intact boys (6/2010) & (4/2013).
ISO/IHA

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
mommyinthesun's Avatar
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 2,944
I think it was probably normal fluid

Pregnancy makes things wetter.
__________________
J-Mom to H (11), L(6), A(12/12/12)
ISO/IHA
Help us win a trip to Disney!
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI

I also wouldn't worry too much because oddly enough, if there's a rip in the membranes, it can repair itself. So, if you were still leaking, then I'd worry.. but if you're not... I wouldn't worry.

My waters broke while I was thick and closed (how I imagine you are now) and it was a trickle that didn't stop.
__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
7 for now
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 2,066
I just went through 2 weeks of hospital bed rest because my water broke at 28/4 weeks. I had
No clue it broke. There was no big gush at all. 6 of my labors started with ruptured membranes and they were unmistakable, not this time. I started to have some bleeding and went to the hospital and they found NO fluid at all.

I would definitely have it checked out at your appt. mine never resealed and I got an infection after 2 weeks and had a csection last night. Ruptured membranes are nothing to fool around with.

I also never leaked any fluid at all in the 2 weeks I was here. But it had not resealed. I had twice weekly BPP's and never had more than 2 cm of fluid total.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by 7 for now; 11-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,873
My Mood:
Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI

It is easy enough for them to check with the little teststrip but SUPER unlikely. If intercoursecause PROM the human race would never survived this long. It is very normal to have lots of fluid. The fact that you mentioned that it was "slick" leads me to believe it is not amniotic I am 27w+ and I soaked a towel last week during sex
__________________
Just in case.
MDever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: small town USA
Posts: 5,419
My Mood:
Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI

I had way more fluid during sex while pregnant. However I would still mention it and have it checked out. you just never know.

With DS1 i had leaking at 35 weeks and a little squirted out everytime i bent over. i had no idea it was my water, I thought I was just peeing a little bit, until it didn't stop all morning and I mentioned it to a lady I work with and she said to call it. they did a quick swap test and sure enough it was fluid and I was 4cm dialated and almost effaced.
__________________
wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
I just went through 2 weeks of hospital bed rest because my water broke at 28/4 weeks. I had
No clue it broke. There was no big gush at all. 6 of my labors started with ruptured membranes and they were unmistakable, not this time. I started to have some bleeding and went to the hospital and they found NO fluid at all.

I would definitely have it checked out at your appt. mine never resealed and I got an infection after 2 weeks and had a csection last night. Ruptured membranes are nothing to fool around with.

I also never leaked any fluid at all in the 2 weeks I was here. But it had not resealed. I had twice weekly BPP's and never had more than 2 cm of fluid total.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I'm sorry you went through this! You said you had a csection - is baby alright? I'd assume in the NICU at this time?
__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
7 for now
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

I'm sorry you went through this! You said you had a csection - is baby alright? I'd assume in the NICU at this time?
I did have a csection. First time i had one and he was number 9. He was very stressed so that is why we did the section. His NST was ronreactive with his base heart rate about 165. Previously he was always about 125-130 for base. My temp was over 102. He stopped moving completely. The neonatologist said he would not have lasted another few hours. He was purple when born and had a high level of acid in his blood when he was born.

But he is 99% better in 12 hours! His repeat chest X-ray shied nothing in his right lung where last night he had some pneumonia signs. He has been breathing on his own since birth with only a nasal cannula. He is doing great so hopefully he will continue to do good!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by 7 for now; 11-18-2012 at 03:24 PM.
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
ktmelody
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,304
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now

I did have a csection. First time i had one and he was number 9. He was very stressed so that is why we did the section. His NST was ronreactive with his base heart rate about 165. Previously he was always about 125-130 for base. My temp was over 102. He stopped moving completely. The neonatologist said he would not have lasted another few hours. He was purple when born and had a high level of acid in his blood when he was born.

But he is 99% better in 12 hours! His repeat chest X-ray shied nothing in his right lung where last night he had some pneumonia signs. He has been breathing on his own since birth with only a nasal cannula. He is doing great so hopefully he will continue to do good!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Love this update! Glad your baby is doing great!

For the op, its normal but if you keep leaking fluid get checked.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI

wow! So glad he's doing well! that is so scary, momma! I'm thankful you had the sense to get to the doctor and that those doctors took such good care of you both!
__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.