Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Six months!

congratulations!! Such an accomplishment.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, everyone!

To those who asked, I think I'll keep going for now. BF'ing suddenly got so much easier when I got my supply under control. I don't find it at all inconvenient any longer, except for pumping. However, due to my oversupply, I only have to pump 3-4 times a day now anyway and rarely on the weekends, so that's not exactly a hassle, either. She still has about 1200 oz in the freezer if I do decide to wean soon. She has started solids and is doing well except for some constipation, but I guess as long as things are going well, we'll keep going!

As a sidenote, we're changing peds. She went in for her 6-mo well baby visit today, and the ped pushed again for me to switch her to formula. I just don't get it. She weighs 17.2 lbs and is 28 inches long at 6 mos... obviously, her growth is excellent. She nurses well, and I'm willing to continue BFing. So why would I switch her to formula?? This has been a problem at EVERY appt so far.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMamma
Way to go! Aren't you glad you set the goal to get you through the first 6 months?!
Honestly, yes. When BFing was going horribly, I could always tell myself to tough it out for another few months or few weeks until I reached my goal. And then 6 months came and went so quickly!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdalynaa
As a sidenote, we're changing peds. She went in for her 6-mo well baby visit today, and the ped pushed again for me to switch her to formula. I just don't get it. She weighs 17.2 lbs and is 28 inches long at 6 mos... obviously, her growth is excellent. She nurses well, and I'm willing to continue BFing. So why would I switch her to formula?? This has been a problem at EVERY appt so far.
Whoa! What a little chunker! my 18 month old DS is only around 24 lbs. - he DEF wasn't 17 lbs at 6 months!

That's unfortunate your ped doesn't support you. But I'm glad you know what's best for your baby!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #15
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

Whoa! What a little chunker! my 18 month old DS is only around 24 lbs. - he DEF wasn't 17 lbs at 6 months!

That's unfortunate your ped doesn't support you. But I'm glad you know what's best for your baby!
She's a piggie, lol!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #16
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Six months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdalynaa View Post
Thanks, everyone!

To those who asked, I think I'll keep going for now. BF'ing suddenly got so much easier when I got my supply under control. I don't find it at all inconvenient any longer, except for pumping. However, due to my oversupply, I only have to pump 3-4 times a day now anyway and rarely on the weekends, so that's not exactly a hassle, either. She still has about 1200 oz in the freezer if I do decide to wean soon. She has started solids and is doing well except for some constipation, but I guess as long as things are going well, we'll keep going!

our pedi did the exact same thing with dd! every single visit, switch to formula now, blah blah blah we switched, and it has been much better since

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #17
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabeth05

our pedi did the exact same thing with dd! every single visit, switch to formula now, blah blah blah we switched, and it has been much better since
You switched to formula or switched pediatricians?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #18
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Thanks, everyone!

It is crazy that the pedi would say this. I would straight up ask them
"isnt breastmilk the most nutritious thing for my baby?"
And they would say yes (unless they lie and say formula is better)
"than why are you asking me to switch to something (formula) less nutritious?!"
Lol

CONGRATS ON 6 months good job mama!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

She's a piggie, lol!
My dd is almost 5 months and is EBF and is 17lbs 2 oz
And is on the 85th percentile.
Little piggy babies are super pudgy and cute
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B

It is crazy that the pedi would say this. I would straight up ask them
"isnt breastmilk the most nutritious thing for my baby?"
And they would say yes (unless they lie and say formula is better)
"than why are you asking me to switch to something (formula) less nutritious?!"
Lol

CONGRATS ON 6 months good job mama!!
No sheep! That's a disgrace to all drs.