Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #21
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found out with DS and we will find out with this new LO I had very bad HG with DS and I think knowing it was a boy helped me bond with him even though I was so sick. My family hassles me for finding out, but its still a surprise! It's not like I know what it is before my u/s! Also since our kids will both be 6 when LO is born we need to re-buy everything.

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #22
mommmy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Do we or don't we....

I find out so I can get the nursery done get clothes ready in the right colors etc. plus it would drive me crazy not knowing!
Emily , SAHM to Ava (08/08), Connor (01/10), Adrian (01/11), Logan (12/11) , Hannah and Olivia (12/12) , and expecting #100
mommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I found out with DS and we will find out with this new LO I had very bad HG with DS and I think knowing it was a boy helped me bond with him even though I was so sick. My family hassles me for finding out, but its still a surprise! It's not like I know what it is before my u/s! Also since our kids will both be 6 when LO is born we need to re-buy everything.
I've never heard of a family wanting to have a surprise! Myself and all my friends who didn't find out had families bugging us to know.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezpoofs View Post
I'm not really understanding this "need to buy clothes" from those that already have a child, especially those who have at least one of each sex already. Isn't it more prudent to save your children's clothes and hand them down to the next one? Baby girls CAN wear boy clothing. I only mention shopping in my response because if I knew this baby is a girl, there have been many opportunities where I could have bought girl clothes that I like but didn't. I have clothes. I have a ton of boy clothes and even a good amount of girl clothes. I've bought some at yard sales throughout the years and while it wouldn't be enough for a full wardrobe for a little girl, she'll be alright until garage sale season starts up next year and there is no shortage of baby girl clothing to be found at low prices. The resources I "missed out from" during pregnancy will still be available after baby's birth. Even if I didn't have one shred of pink for her to wear, I've got more than enough boy clothing that doesn't say "Daddy's Little Slugger" or "100% Boy" on it. These things would do until I got the chance to get some girly gear, or at very least, a few headbands.

But then, I don't exactly buy all Gymboree or designer clothing, so maybe that's the difference. If you want all Baby Gap and Gymboree clothes, it does make sense to plan to buy during their sales events.

I also expect that if this baby is a girl, just about everyone in my life will want to gift me baby girl clothes for her, knowing that with two big brothers, I have mostly boy stuff.
I understand what you mean. But not everyone has the storage to keep their kids clothes or baby gear. I tried to do that and it was just to much. We have 2 closets in our whole house, one more for storage but its just enough for our Christmas and camping stuff, plus the newbies infant carseat. My girls are 3 years apart and I keep my favorite outfits to pass down but my boys are going to be 9 years apart and aside from 5 fav outfits I had put up I have nothing for my new boy coming. I don't shop gap and other fancy stores. I go for sales and the thrift store. It's not very exciting to me to think about shopping with a newbie and my other kids, lol! Maybe by myself with a newbie though It's just peoples preference though.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think if I had at least one of each, I would keep it a surprise. We tried to stay Team Green with #2, but she decided we needed to know, lol!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLEB

I've never heard of a family wanting to have a surprise! Myself and all my friends who didn't find out had families bugging us to know.
My family is fine with it. My sister was team green with 3 out of her 4. But she really wanted to know #4 since it was the last.

I don't think DH's parents care, but his mom does the Chinese calendar stuff, so i guess we're expecting a boy if that's always correct.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh and for shopping? I hate shopping period.

So if this is a boy, I'll likely just go online and buy a few things. DD had mostly handmedowns and that was fine. But I don't want to spend time inside stores shopping for clothes before or after baby arrives - that part doesn't change
Old 11-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #28
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Don't find out! We didn't find out with DD and I loved it! We hadn't planned to find out this time but when we found out that baby had a birth defect and all that went along with it we decided to find out (it's a boy) and while it is kind of fun knowing I enjoyed not knowing a lot more. I am with the PP who said it is weird for them to call/refer to the baby by name when they are inside you. We have a name chosen for this little guy and it's weird to say it out loud for me. Anyway, I wouldn't find out if you are having a normal no issue pregnancy, we don't plan to find out with future babies either unless something is wrong like this time.
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #29
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

We haven't found out the gender with any of ours (we just had our 20 week ultrasound with this one, and didn't find out). DD2's birth was really special because I gave birth to her in a tub, pulled her up to me, and held her before I knew if she was a boy or girl. I didn't even think to check until a minute or two after she was born.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #30
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLEB View Post
My mom likes that we keep ours surprises!

As for clothes. I just have a few gender neutral clothes on hand, and then pick some things up once baby is born. I don't think it's necessary to have gender specific clothes. DD1 came home in a Hungry Caterpillar sleeper that was definitely boyish. Not a big deal to us.

Last edited by rverrone11; 11-23-2012 at 10:28 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote