Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #191
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Elena prayers for your u/s. I am confident things will be just PERFECT.

AFM-check up at OB/GYN today and I have a complicated case of Bacterial Vaginosis (had it last time but she wanted to wait until past 12w to treat). None of the usual Abx would work so we hope to treat it with a disinfecting solution and probiotics. UGH. Baby is doing great though and was bouncing around at the u/s. Which confirms that I have been feeling baby because I felt him/her during the u/s! Also got a tentative outing but OB said not to go out and buy anything yet-looks like a BOY!

Advertisement

Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #192
itsajoi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
You'll be in my

Brown is good, means it's "old" and not fresh bleeding. I am more than sure you know this all ready.
Definitely give your Dr a call and get in ASAP when you get home. Take it super-duper easy over the weekend - lots of laying back and letting family take care of you.

AFM: u/s is this afternoon. I'm trying not to obsess and worry. Hiccup woke me through the night a couple times, thumping around in there - that's helpful
Levi is a good boy and that the nurse has no issues with DH and Levi both coming in with me.
for a healthy Hiccup in there.
for you mama! I'll be keeping an eye out for an update!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #193
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
AFM-check up at OB/GYN today and I have a complicated case of Bacterial Vaginosis
-looks like a BOY!
Oh dear. That doesn't sound comfy at all. you can get it cleared up relatively quickly/easily.
Tentative CONGRATS on a wee boy!

AFM:First, and most important - Hiccup looks healthy and well, is measuring 4 days ahead, and is moving like crazy in there - not just kicks, but we got to see him stretching and rolling around!
She didn't get the best shots of the heart (not the chambers, but the vessels leading off it), some that show it, but not the clearest... because Hiccup wouldn't stay still long enough for her to get a good angle, but she got enough to see the vessels present. It's just whether the radiologist is happy with those shots. If not, we'd just have to do another scan - not a big deal now!

MUCH better at this hospital. She still wanted DH and Levi to stay out while she did the scan, then they could come in at the end. She had my report, so knew the history. We compromised that she would do a very quick peek herself (seriously, she put the probe on my belly, took it off, and got DH), let DH and Levi come in so we could all see Hiccup's hb and see him moving around. Then i was able to relax for the rest of the scan.
She talked and chatted the whole time with me, very nice and kind. She actually has worked in the big hospital before and said she doesn't like the u/s dept there either - that there's something weird about it. It was nice to know it's not just me!
She outright told us that everything looks good and measures right on/ahead at this point. Other than the heart vessels, she got clear shots of everything else and all looks well.

I feel like a southern baptist, but seriously - THANK YOU JESUS!
I'll try to get pics scanned later to share.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #194
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hiccup looks healthy and well, is measuring 4 days ahead, and is moving like crazy in there - not just kicks, but we got to see him stretching and rolling around!
YAAAAY!!! I have tears of absolute joy and happiness for you Elena!!! YAY! YAY! YAAAAAAy!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #195
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quick check in.....

So so happy for you Elena!! Are you team green?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #196
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Quick check in.....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
My thoughts exactly! Hooray for great news either way
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #197
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Oh dear. That doesn't sound comfy at all. you can get it cleared up relatively quickly/easily.
Tentative CONGRATS on a wee boy!

AFM:First, and most important - Hiccup looks healthy and well, is measuring 4 days ahead, and is moving like crazy in there - not just kicks, but we got to see him stretching and rolling around!
She didn't get the best shots of the heart (not the chambers, but the vessels leading off it), some that show it, but not the clearest... because Hiccup wouldn't stay still long enough for her to get a good angle, but she got enough to see the vessels present. It's just whether the radiologist is happy with those shots. If not, we'd just have to do another scan - not a big deal now!

MUCH better at this hospital. She still wanted DH and Levi to stay out while she did the scan, then they could come in at the end. She had my report, so knew the history. We compromised that she would do a very quick peek herself (seriously, she put the probe on my belly, took it off, and got DH), let DH and Levi come in so we could all see Hiccup's hb and see him moving around. Then i was able to relax for the rest of the scan.
She talked and chatted the whole time with me, very nice and kind. She actually has worked in the big hospital before and said she doesn't like the u/s dept there either - that there's something weird about it. It was nice to know it's not just me!
She outright told us that everything looks good and measures right on/ahead at this point. Other than the heart vessels, she got clear shots of everything else and all looks well.

Yay!!!! Elena so happy for you!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #198
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hooray Elena! So happy for you!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #199
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
YAAAAY!!! I have tears of absolute joy and happiness for you Elena!!! YAY! YAY! YAAAAAAy!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Quick check in.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
My thoughts exactly! Hooray for great news either way
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
Yay!!!! Elena so happy for you!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Hooray Elena! So happy for you!!!!
Thanks mamas! I'm so happy for us, too! And, yes, we're team green - we've never found out with the others, except Elli, and we told each other we wouldn't unless something was wrong with Hiccup.
Besides that, they aren't supposed to even look for gender at the hospital u/s's here, so we would have had to really ask, kwim? We could always go to one of those "see baby" places (kwim?) but that's $$. Although, I do wonder if the kids wouldn't really like that - maybe for a xmas present for all of them or something?

Levi was really good (especially for a 2yr old who missed nap!) and so cute. When he saw the screen he said "That's my baby! In your belly, mama!". And the older kids were transfixed by the pics we brought home.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #200
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Thanks mamas! I'm so happy for us, too! And, yes, we're team green - we've never found out with the others, except Elli, and we told each other we wouldn't unless something was wrong with Hiccup.
Besides that, they aren't supposed to even look for gender at the hospital u/s's here, so we would have had to really ask, kwim? We could always go to one of those "see baby" places (kwim?) but that's $$. Although, I do wonder if the kids wouldn't really like that - maybe for a xmas present for all of them or something?

Levi was really good (especially for a 2yr old who missed nap!) and so cute. When he saw the screen he said "That's my baby! In your belly, mama!". And the older kids were transfixed by the pics we brought home.
Sweetest news!!! Soooo happy for you.