Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Jaynkysmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I want to hear your experience with castor oil

I have done it twice and all it makes me do is vomit....ugghhh can't stand the taste

Advertisement

Jaynkysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #22
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I did it with the first-nothing. Second, I went into labor within hours. It's nasty though.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #23
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have done it twice. The first time I had to do it twice...but it worked. Yes, it gives u bad cramps and the runs..but thats what makes it work. On the plus side..you wil be so cleaned out..you won't crap on the dr/midwife! Lol! That was always a fear if mine!
If u do it..get the tasteless, odorless kind. U have too be generous with it. A tablespoon or two isint going to cut it..as I found out the first time.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #24
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My friend suggested that with ds1 whose head was engaged for what seemed like forever and I could hardly move! I didn't see the need to suffer through feeling sick and instead just sat on the toilet and replicated what the muscles do in a diarrhea incident, KWIM and ...pop, broke my water! It was my best delivery by far since no contractions had started and they gave me an epidural at 4cm, I slept for a few hours and out he came! It was fabulous! I'd just try that before taking anything. Just a few minutes of strained pushes was all it took.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #25
alicenwonderland
Registered Users
seller

With a previous pregnancy it gave me such bad diarrhea that it went on over 12 hours. I had no skin left on my butt and was just a giant hemorrhoid. No labor, but at that point I was relieved because I was in such pain already.
alicenwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #26
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried it with my DD, and yes, it did work - but it was the most horrible tasting stuff EVER. It tastes like melted vaseline, or melted lip stick... just thinking about it now 10 years later makes me feel like throwing up (seriously - I gag when I think about it).

I drank it around 10pm, then sat on the toilet all night, and was in labor by 7am.

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
thekuan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Did not work for me. I did it twice, at 40.5 & 41 weeks. It made me feel terrible. But I did do the at home enema which, though not comfortable, at least cleaned me out for labor.

My mw recommended both. Neither started labor for me, but I'd be willing to do the enema again before the castor oil.

I got an Asian acupressure massage, though, and the contractions started that night... It's always worth a try. Worst case is that you get a message!
thekuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #28
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Done it twice and didn't work. Cleaned me out though! Lol and with the first I had it coming out both ends.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #29
InBloomDoula
Registered Users
seller

I had a birth doula client who used it at the recommendation of the Midwife. She had not had any true contractions from 5am when her water broke till about 2pm so the plan was to take the castor oil and see how it went. She took it at 4pm and had her baby by 10pm so it worked but caused loose stools the whole time she was in transition and pushing stage labor. Since she was planning a water birth, that was a major bummer. She did, however, breathe her baby out into her own hands and that was amazing, she remarked how great it felt to see herself in that role. I feel like the castor oil frustrated her a lot because of the side effects getting in the way of her birth being the way she envisioned but all in all, the birth was a great experience.
InBloomDoula is offline   Reply With Quote