Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Buyer received empty package

I would contact the last post office it went through before and after it was lost and also ask them where it would have gone from there because while they are not responsible for lost items that were not insured they are willing to look and see if something was found that fell out of a box in shipping if you can tell them what was in the box. I had this happen and my post office was very helpful they had my item and didnt know who it belonged to so I was able to go pick it up.

Advertisement

Last edited by tjs77tsa; 11-22-2012 at 04:09 PM.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

This happened to me on ebay- I sold a $60 gift card and the buyer received an empty envelope with a note from the post office. She sent me a picture of the box and I refunded her all of her money. I am now out all of that money and there is nothing I can do about it. I honestly cannot stand the USPS and if UPS was cheaper I would ship through them.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
A friend of mine just received an empty envelope that originally contained gift cards sent to her children by her parents
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
A friend of mine just received an empty envelope that originally contained gift cards sent to her children by her parents
Weren't there letter carriers busted within the last few years for looting greeting cards that might contain money or gift cards? I send DSS cash twice a year and put the greeting card in a flat rate envelope for extra protection. The postage is more but there's a much lower risk of it being "accidentally" opened along the way.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
Kimmyboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If the buyer didn't purchase insurance, it is not the seller's fault. When I invoice people, I write that insurance is extra and I'm not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items once it leaves my hands, if insurance is not purchased.

Last edited by Kimmyboo; 11-26-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Kimmyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
Kimmyboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't trust the PO sometimes.
Kimmyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #17
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential1892 View Post
This happened to me on ebay- I sold a $60 gift card and the buyer received an empty envelope with a note from the post office. She sent me a picture of the box and I refunded her all of her money. I am now out all of that money and there is nothing I can do about it. I honestly cannot stand the USPS and if UPS was cheaper I would ship through them.
I am in a dispute with UPS right now they are not any better. their drivers have no respect for your packages or at least they don't around here they have stood at my gate and thrown my package at my porch and also left packages outside of my gate right next to the city sidewalk the last one was stolen when I called to tell them tracking showed it was delivered and it wasnt here they asked the driver who said he left it between the doors which he has never done. I was sitting in my living room right inside the door at the time they say it was delivered I would have heard him if he opened the screen door. they said their insurance would cover it if I reported it stolen so I did that was over 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. I m so frusterated with them this was a christmas gift...
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyboo
If the buyer didn't purchase insurance, it is not the seller's fault. When I invoice people, I write that insurance is extra and I'm not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items once it leaves my hands, if insurance is not purchased.
This is not true. The insurance protests the seller NOT the buyer.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
PinkLemonade7503
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae View Post
This is not true. The insurance protests the seller NOT the buyer.
It protects both. Nobody wants anyone to lose items, or money. OP, did you offer insurance? If they turned it down, then in my opinion, they took a risk and lost. If you did not think to offer it, I feel like the burden is more on you. I would talk to the PO, and then if the items are not located reimburse your customer.

I always ship in boxes.

Also, about the gift cards- the post office uses these automatic sort machines. Something like a gift card can get stuck in it and the envelope tears. Cards much smaller than their envelopes can also do this, as well as any other small items. I ordered a book mark off of etsy and the seller kept sending it in a bill envelope. I kept getting empty envelopes.
PinkLemonade7503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #20
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyboo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLemonade7503 View Post
It protects both. Nobody wants anyone to lose items, or money. OP, did you offer insurance? If they turned it down, then in my opinion, they took a risk and lost. If you did not think to offer it, I feel like the burden is more on you. I would talk to the PO, and then if the items are not located reimburse your customer.

I always ship in boxes.

Also, about the gift cards- the post office uses these automatic sort machines. Something like a gift card can get stuck in it and the envelope tears. Cards much smaller than their envelopes can also do this, as well as any other small items. I ordered a book mark off of etsy and the seller kept sending it in a bill envelope. I kept getting empty envelopes.
No and no. Insurance is 100% on the seller and for the protection of the sender. It doesnt matter what kind of disclaimer you use or if you offer insurance and it was turned down. Op owes the buyer a full refund, unfortunately.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote