Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
She slept dry until 11pm, took her to the toilet and she did not pee but poop! Haha we were laughing with my hubby like teenagers... Well, after that I left her in panties until 3am and found her wet so I wanted to put a diaper on her but in her sleep she said "im a big girl, no diapers!" so I switched to the cloth trainer and she went back to sleep. At 7am the trainer was wet.
I guess I'll try to do the same for a couple of nights and then see how it progresses.
Any thoughts or advice for us?

Advertisement

firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

She may not be physically ready. If she wets another night or two, I'd put her back in diapers or at least a trainer.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11
She may not be physically ready. If she wets another night or two, I'd put her back in diapers or at least a trainer.
Ok, ill put her in a trainer again tonight. Well see how it goes!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #14
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Update: she pees in the night of course and refuses diapers. So I put a trainer after taking her to potty at 11pm. She is not physically ready, as you PP said. So well try in a couple of weeks again. Thank you for all your help!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #15
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2.5 yo refuses diapers

We took ours (boys) to pee one last time before we hit the sack. I just figured the bladders needed to grow. We got them out of bed and guided them by the shoulders as they walked like zombies to the toilet. For me it was better than making it an issue, plus I think there's some subliminal training that goes on, walking them through the process of getting out of bed to go until they are ready to do it on their own, even if they aren't 100 percent awake. They never had any trouble going back to sleep. Not sure how well that applies to your situation, but for the sake of offering another perspective. Wish you all success
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfarm3
We took ours (boys) to pee one last time before we hit the sack. I just figured the bladders needed to grow. We got them out of bed and guided them by the shoulders as they walked like zombies to the toilet. For me it was better than making it an issue, plus I think there's some subliminal training that goes on, walking them through the process of getting out of bed to go until they are ready to do it on their own, even if they aren't 100 percent awake. They never had any trouble going back to sleep. Not sure how well that applies to your situation, but for the sake of offering another perspective. Wish you all success
Thank you! It is interesting I've never heard about that technique! And I also didn't think about the bladder capacity either...
I might have to try your "walking zombies" trick when I'll be 8mo preggo... We ll see how it goes but I'm afraid she won't be able to walk since her sleep is so deep. Do you think it might be an issue?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hard to say as I think mine were older; that's what I mean about applying to your situation. A 2.5 y/o may be inclined to be carried if you get her out of bed? Worth a try!
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
hippiechick77
Registered Users
seller

We are in the same situation with DS who is 4. He refuses to wear diapers, has been PT during the day since he was 2. We tried just putting him in underwear which worked for DS#1, very wet. I made a wool soaker with snap in inserts that he calls his "training underwear", had a month or so of 50% dry, now a month of always wet but not as soaked. We tried the zombie walk to the potty but often would refuse to go! Maybe time to try it again though. Glad to know I am not alone in this issue, hope we get it figured out mama
hippiechick77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #19
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiechick77
We are in the same situation with DS who is 4. He refuses to wear diapers, has been PT during the day since he was 2. We tried just putting him in underwear which worked for DS#1, very wet. I made a wool soaker with snap in inserts that he calls his "training underwear", had a month or so of 50% dry, now a month of always wet but not as soaked. We tried the zombie walk to the potty but often would refuse to go! Maybe time to try it again though. Glad to know I am not alone in this issue, hope we get it figured out mama
Maye off topic here, but did you put snaps on wool with a regular snap press? I'm also thinking of sewing a wool soaker for her and I'm wondering if snaps would hold. It's from a felted cashmere sweater.