Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
leyash
Registered Users
seller

The official "it's a" thread!

So - what are you having!?

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Re: The official "it's a" thread!

I was feeling so sure that it was a girl but now that I am 12 days away from the u/s I am feeling like it is most likely a boy. Ugh, the waiting is excruciating! 12 more days!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
I was feeling so sure that it was a girl but now that I am 12 days away from the u/s I am feeling like it is most likely a boy. Ugh, the waiting is excruciating! 12 more days!!!!
Yup. I was supposed to find out on Monday, but I think that we are going to wait until our anatomy scan, which should be around the middle of January. Hubby wants to be there when we find out, and if I do it Monday, then he will have to take time off of work, and then he'll have to take time off again, because he wants to go to the anatomy scan in January, so that we can see that everything is okay with the baby. We can't afford for him to take two days (not whole days, but still) off work, so I think we are skipping the elective scan on Monday. ;(

I'm about 90% sure it's a boy (our fourth and final), though we would LOVE a girl.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
Yup. I was supposed to find out on Monday, but I think that we are going to wait until our anatomy scan, which should be around the middle of January. Hubby wants to be there when we find out, and if I do it Monday, then he will have to take time off of work, and then he'll have to take time off again, because he wants to go to the anatomy scan in January, so that we can see that everything is okay with the baby. We can't afford for him to take two days (not whole days, but still) off work, so I think we are skipping the elective scan on Monday. ;(

I'm about 90% sure it's a boy (our fourth and final), though we would LOVE a girl.
so what makes you feel so sure it's a boy?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's a... baby! Sorry, that's the best I can do until May. I'm hoping for a boy, but no hunches either way yet. DD says she's having a brother and a sister, I sure hope she's wrong, haha.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLEB View Post
It's a... baby! Sorry, that's the best I can do until May. I'm hoping for a boy, but no hunches either way yet. DD says she's having a brother and a sister, I sure hope she's wrong, haha.
oh man do you have patience! I could never be team green!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
so what makes you feel so sure it's a boy?
Not sure, honestly. Just a gut feeling I've had since the beginning. Skull theory says boy. Nub theory (angle of the dangle) says boy. Heartrate says boy (to me). Though the pregnancy is a little different, something just tells me boy.

I will say, though, it COULD be that I just don't want to go through gender disappointment. This is our last, so if it's a boy, I won't ever get my girl. I have an unreal desire to raise a girl, so I do not want to deal with gender disappointment. If I tell myself now that it is a boy, maybe it won't be so hard when I actually hear "it's a boy" at the ultrasound, lol.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash

Not sure, honestly. Just a gut feeling I've had since the beginning. Skull theory says boy. Nub theory (angle of the dangle) says boy. Heartrate says boy (to me). Though the pregnancy is a little different, something just tells me boy.

I will say, though, it COULD be that I just don't want to go through gender disappointment. This is our last, so if it's a boy, I won't ever get my girl. I have an unreal desire to raise a girl, so I do not want to deal with gender disappointment. If I tell myself now that it is a boy, maybe it won't be so hard when I actually hear "it's a boy" at the ultrasound, lol.
What's the nub theory?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Were having a girl Shes our last so Im very thankful! Were ending off with 6 sons and 2 daughters

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
What's the nub theory?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
It's all about what direction the nub points. Usually, between 12 and 13 weeks a white line can be seen between the legs. The theory is, if it is parallel with the spine, it's a girl, if it is angled up, it's a boy. Mine was roughly a 30 degree angle at 13 weeks and 2 days, BUT, the back was a little curled... so it's not for SURE, but leaning boy.