Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's a boy! We aren't done, hopefully, so I am cool with it but I have to admit, if this was my last, I'd be pretty heartbroken it wasn't a girl.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Re: The official "it's a" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
Not sure, honestly. Just a gut feeling I've had since the beginning. Skull theory says boy. Nub theory (angle of the dangle) says boy. Heartrate says boy (to me). Though the pregnancy is a little different, something just tells me boy.

I will say, though, it COULD be that I just don't want to go through gender disappointment. This is our last, so if it's a boy, I won't ever get my girl. I have an unreal desire to raise a girl, so I do not want to deal with gender disappointment. If I tell myself now that it is a boy, maybe it won't be so hard when I actually hear "it's a boy" at the ultrasound, lol.
I am in EXACTLY the same boat as you. I depserately want to experience raising a daughter and it is hard not to feel bad if it turns out to be a boy. No matter how much you know you are still going to love your baby either way it is hard not to feel guilty.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi

I am in EXACTLY the same boat as you. I depserately want to experience raising a daughter and it is hard not to feel bad if it turns out to be a boy. No matter how much you know you are still going to love your baby either way it is hard not to feel guilty.
Even though this isn't my last, I spent a good hour crying after finding out it was a boy. I feel bad but it is a normal reaction and like you said, I will, of course, be over the moon for him when he's born. But I don't think my desire to have a girl will go away. And my poor DH was/is devastated. He wanted a daughter so badly! The hardest part for me is I was feeling "girl" big time the whoooooole time. :'( So much for my intuition.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #14
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Awe, Mama! Yes you will adore him! Once they are in your arma you know it was meant to be.
I have 6 boys and 2 girls. BOTH girls were sways! Go to in-gender.com and read up. I do believe God gives you what he wills, but Im a firm believer that he blessed the effort of our sways!
I was SO nervous beore our ultrasound. I knew 8 was my max, but was going to be quite disappointed if it was a boy. My DH came with me more to be my support if it was a boy then a girl. (It would have been 5 in a row)
I know a lot of big families and they all have at least 1 of each gender. You were just meant to have this amazing lil man right now.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings
Awe, Mama! Yes you will adore him! Once they are in your arma you know it was meant to be.
I have 6 boys and 2 girls. BOTH girls were sways! Go to in-gender.com and read up. I do believe God gives you what he wills, but Im a firm believer that he blessed the effort of our sways!
I was SO nervous beore our ultrasound. I knew 8 was my max, but was going to be quite disappointed if it was a boy. My DH came with me more to be my support if it was a boy then a girl. (It would have been 5 in a row)
I know a lot of big families and they all have at least 1 of each gender. You were just meant to have this amazing lil man right now.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Thanks!!! My mom says god wanted this to be a boy because my dad is currently unemployed and she would have financially ruined them if it was a girl. LOL

I will have to check out in-gender for next time. Thanks for the encouraging words. I appreciate it.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
mommix6
Registered Users
seller

YAY! and congrats to those who found out already <3 We are team green, but the guessing games are fun to see what is predicted. OP I am more interested in your "Skull test." Can you post a pic of your sonogram so I can see the shape?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #17
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
Yup. I feel you. I'm glad that the baby can't hear my thoughts. I will NEVER tell him how I felt... because the bottom line is, I won't feel this way once he gets here. All of those feelings will go away when I see and hold him for the first time, and I know it... if not before then! I'm still feeling pretty detached because I haven't felt him REALLY move yet. Which scares me, and also keeps me from feeling "close."
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #18
leyash
Registered Users
seller

This is the skull theory:

See how from the eyes to the top of the head is HUGE and ROUND? That points to boy. Girls have flatter foreheads most of the time, with more of a "point" at the tip of the forehead. This bean does not have that.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #19
mommix6
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for posting a visual! I "kind of" get it. So here is my sono, does it say girl?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #20
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommix6 View Post
Thanks for posting a visual! I "kind of" get it. So here is my sono, does it say girl?
Yup, I totally see girl with that one.