Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

hypoglycemia

i found out why ive been soooo soooo o o o sick. my blood glucose level was at 45 (non-fasting) and my doc asked me how i get out of bed in the morning. i told him i dont. i am hoping this is a reactive hypoglycemia situation and that i dont feel like this much longer. any fellow sufferers?

the symptoms are so similar to regular preggo symptoms that i had no clue...major fatigue, nausea, headaches, night sweats, etc.

ugh.

(as a side note, i think i need new midwives. they knew for 3 weeks what my level was and didn't call to let me know so that i could adjust my diet accordingly. i found out when i requested they fax my labwork to my primary doc for reference. kind of sad bc they are the only homebirth midwives with hospital privileges- had the last babe at home but i wanted to do the hospital this time. this is the second mess-up too as they also neglected to order my thyroid panel, something that is pretty important in the first trimester for ppl with thyroid issues...feeling torn)

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: hypoglycemia

I'm hypoglycemic all the time, but it does seem much worse in pregnancy. I just have to really make sure I eat- constantly, basically. Proteins work better for me than sugars/carbs to stabilize my blood sugar.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Re: hypoglycemia

yes, ive been eating non-stop and it does help. if i end up out somewhere for longer than an hour or two without food i crash and basically cant function, then i get nauseous and it is hard to eat. now im stashing nuts in my car, and i keep a plain yogurt drink by my bedside for the middle of the night (prior to this i was making eggs at 3am in the morning and suspecting i was pregnant with twins due to how hungry i have been!).

its been a learning experience. im pretty sure due to some of the symptoms that i have had a mild case of this prior to pregnancy, but it has been really rough when i didnt know what was wrong.