Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #61
lynn97's Avatar
lynn97
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,302
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy

When are you due? I can't wait for the belly but I would really like to avoid announcing until we know a gender. I am petite so I really don't know if it is possible.

I am insanely nervous about telling dh's family. This will be our third, we are only in our late 20's and they think 2 is more than we need and we are too young for them, so I can only imagine the reaction. My family will be excited though!
I'm envious...I looked super-pregnant with DS (he is my only one) by about 16 weeks. I also had a large fibroid though. I hope I don't get huge again I only put on 25 lbs but man was I large...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #62
sparkle3116's Avatar
sparkle3116
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 115
Re: August 2013!!

I guess I'll jump in. I think I'm due around August 6th.

DS#1 is 17 months, and very, very active so while I'm excited he and baby #2 will hopefully be 2 years apart as planned, I am a little overwhelmed by the idea of having a toddler and a newborn next year.
sparkle3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #63
sparkle3116's Avatar
sparkle3116
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 115
Re: August 2013!!

I noticed that some of you have OB appointments coming up. Last time my OB didn't want to see me until 8 weeks. Is that usual?

I'm visiting family in another state through the end of the year, so I'm wondering if I should wait until the new year to see someone at home in Chicago or try to see someone here in Seattle?
sparkle3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #64
momto2princesses
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 316
Re: August 2013!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle3116 View Post
I noticed that some of you have OB appointments coming up. Last time my OB didn't want to see me until 8 weeks. Is that usual?

I'm visiting family in another state through the end of the year, so I'm wondering if I should wait until the new year to see someone at home in Chicago or try to see someone here in Seattle?

8 weeks is the norm. I'm only being seen early because I've had two miscarriages in the past four months. I think it's mainly for reassurance in my case.
__________________
Kirra, mom to my two crazy girls, Maebelle (12/22/07) and Adelaide (2/26/10-my HBAC baby!) and missing my 9 week angel (8/12) and my ectopic angel (10/12) and expecting our rainbow GIRL 8/13
momto2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #65
kharvey92611's Avatar
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 455
Hey ladies ! Joining this thread =] took two test today both BFP . As of right now based on my LMP I'm due around August 7, 2013 .
A little bit about me , I have two kiddos . Two amazing little boys Landon (8/4/07) and Jacob )9/26/11) im also married to an amazing man ! This was definitely a surprise pregnancy but we are excited ! We are planning a home birth this time around .

Also I have an appointment with an Ob on Monday to confirm the pregnancy
__________________
married to DH since 2011�� Mom to L ��8.4.07 & J ��

Last edited by kharvey92611; 11-30-2012 at 09:14 AM.
kharvey92611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #66
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,381
Re: August 2013!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle3116 View Post
I noticed that some of you have OB appointments coming up. Last time my OB didn't want to see me until 8 weeks. Is that usual?

I'm visiting family in another state through the end of the year, so I'm wondering if I should wait until the new year to see someone at home in Chicago or try to see someone here in Seattle?
Mine will see me whenever I want. He saw me at 5 weeks with dd, 7 with ds, and I am waiting until 12 with this one if he is ok with it. I am not seeing the point in going any sooner since I know my dates for certain, not having any problems now, and have had normal completely uncomplicated pregnancies. My sister works at his office too, so I want her to have as little time as possible to spill the beans accidentally since we are waiting till 16 weeks to announce (hopefully).
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #67
AleahDeann's Avatar
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,776
My Mood:
Re: August 2013!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy View Post
When are you due? I can't wait for the belly but I would really like to avoid announcing until we know a gender. I am petite so I really don't know if it is possible.

I am insanely nervous about telling dh's family. This will be our third, we are only in our late 20's and they think 2 is more than we need and we are too young for them, so I can only imagine the reaction. My family will be excited though!
This will be my 4th, I will be turning 28 shortly after this one is born. Just remember this is your family, your choice and no matter what they say you should feel nervous or bad about it. Its their problem not yours. You are CHOOSING this baby and you are the one caring for it. Shouldnt matter to them. I say being a younger mom is the best!! Late 20's is the best time to have kids
__________________
Aleah Happily married to Paul my NAVY corpseman!
SAHM to Zander (9/16/09) ,Drezden (12/16/2010) , Syler (5/16/2012) and Ryker (8/9/2013) Katara (3/1/2015)
AleahDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #68
AleahDeann's Avatar
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,776
My Mood:
Re: August 2013!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle3116 View Post
I guess I'll jump in. I think I'm due around August 6th.

DS#1 is 17 months, and very, very active so while I'm excited he and baby #2 will hopefully be 2 years apart as planned, I am a little overwhelmed by the idea of having a toddler and a newborn next year.
You will be busy, but if you babywear it will save you I will have 4 under 4 when this one is born, and it keeps me busy but I love it. So much fun and they have such a great time together.

As for the OB appointment, I would just wait till you are back home. No need to go till later. I have never seen my midwives before 8 weeks. My first not till 16 weeks, my 2nd was 10 weeks and my 3rd was 12 weeks. This one will probably be between 8-12 weeks, I have to switch providers so what time to find one I love if need to.
__________________
Aleah Happily married to Paul my NAVY corpseman!
SAHM to Zander (9/16/09) ,Drezden (12/16/2010) , Syler (5/16/2012) and Ryker (8/9/2013) Katara (3/1/2015)
AleahDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #69
AleahDeann's Avatar
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,776
My Mood:
Re: August 2013!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharvey92611 View Post
Hey ladies ! Joining this thread =] took two test today both BFP . As of right now based on my LMP I'm due around August 7, 2013 .
A little bit about me , I have two kiddos . Two amazing little boys Landon (8/4/07) and Jacob )9/26/11) im also married to an amazing man ! This was definitely a surprise pregnancy but we are excited ! We are planning a home birth this time around .

Also I have an appointment with an Ob on Monday to confirm the pregnancy
Welcome!! We have the same DD Mine is also based on my LMP.
__________________
Aleah Happily married to Paul my NAVY corpseman!
SAHM to Zander (9/16/09) ,Drezden (12/16/2010) , Syler (5/16/2012) and Ryker (8/9/2013) Katara (3/1/2015)
AleahDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #70
crunchymamaNY's Avatar
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,627
My Mood:
Re: August 2013!!

Well, my levels from wed was 7 and today (44 hours later) it's 28!! They quadrupled!! My progesterone levels are low, so i'm nervous. They ordered meds, but they cost $740 and I just can't afford it.
__________________
Hi! I'm a mama of 5 amazing beautiful children! 3 boys, 2 girls.
crunchymamaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.