Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Registered Users
Pros and cons of fuzzibunz 1 size

Hi mamas please tell me your likes and dislikes of the fuzzibunz 1 size I just got 2 of the dipes called talking fuzzibunz and find the front panel to be very small I have a cheap alva baby diaper and that is much larger in the front Compared to them

flylady0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Pros and cons of fuzzibunz 1 size

I had a Fuzzibunz One Size Elite and found the crotch area to e very narrow- I have small hands and it was hard or me to stuff. Also, the changing the size using the elastic was annoying to me.

I much prefer BG 4.0's because I can easily stuff them with prefold or flats and the sizing isn't annoying.
SAHM to three wonderful monsters: Tyler 6, Alli 4 and Jilly Billy 2. And all I have to say is thank God for wine!
essential1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I like fbos....old 10 waist snap b4 patent& has overlap snap.elites yes too small & made my baby red.I like adjust factor in legs as that's the only thing I have had to adjust no rise.10 snap bigger like bg and easier to adjust than when elites put in pocket....was Pipit and took longer.easy to change elastics.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 11-29-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: wa.ted to elaborate
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
My Mood:
Pro, trim in the crotch, clean front (no rise snaps)

Con, hard to stuff and there's lots of fabric when using the small size because of how the elastic adjusts.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:
I prefer the old style to the elites, but still love the elites. No rise snaps, nice and narrow in the crotch, quite trim, you can adjust the elastics to any size pretty well (one side could be on he 2 the other on the 4, whatever you need) they are one of the best fits on a newborn for a OS, the elastics are really easy to replace and you can get the button hole elastic at any fabric store (no need to send away to get repaired) the pocket is just an open peice of cloth so you can just shake the insert out with out grabing it, nice and trim for the diaper bag- all of those pros.

And for cons- they are really narrow so a little tougher to get the hang of stuffing, and some of the PUL is sticky (depending on where is was manufactured) which can make stuffing more difficult as well, the elastics wear out more frequently (I think this has to do with the way they are stored prior to shipping, and the fact that the "replacement" elastic is stored with them. So it's just as old) the pocket opening is just a piece of cloth so you have to tuck it under the insert when stuffing and the PUL is exposed, the fleece gets pretty pilly even after the first wash on some of them (again depending on where they are made)

I really love these pockets, our whole stash is made up of FBOS, FB elites and Charlie banana. I don't use microfiber but I stuff with inserts I made out of flats. HTH
Jenna - wife to Harrison since 2007, and proud mama to miss Matilda Quinn(Sept-06-11) and mr Felix Byron (May-25-13)

Last edited by jennayoung99; 11-30-2012 at 10:39 AM.
jennayoung99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have a bunch of them but find it hard to get the size just right. I find adjusting the elastic pretty annoying.
Wapondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Registered Users

They are soo hard to stuff
Wifey to Josh 4/11/2009
Momma to Zoey 6/11/2010, Quentin 5/15/2012 and Hudson Teddy due 4/9/2014
ZoeyMakesThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

THey are too small and leave marks on my skinny 26 lb toddler. They wont last through potty training for average babies. Ds is 25th percentile for weight and isnt potty trained, they dont fit. The older ones are better though, not the elite.
All in a days work!!
mamamarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
Registered Users

I didn't like them for reasons stated above, but especially because of the adjustable elastic. It was hard for me to get the elastic right for DD. The inside of the PUL was sticky and kinda hard to stuff (though I got a quick routine down and used padfolded flats instead of microfiber.) I used them for 4 months on my 2 year old then sold them when she potty-trained. I can't imagine all of the fabric on a small baby. I won't buy them again. I LOVED the two size medium Fuzzibunz that I had, though!
Rachel, Jersey Mama to the Boogie, Peabody, and Bacon
risata is offline   Reply With Quote