Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #51
troyslady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone started their diaper stash yet?

Im just going to be using prefolds and covers and a few pockets that Ive made.

Advertisement

troyslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #52
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have:
1 dozen newborn orange edge prefolds
6 newborn GMD workhorse
6 KLOs
10 small flats
3 Nanas bottoms AIOs on the way
1 newborn Loveybums fitted
1 AIO that I made, which probably won't fit
2 fitteds that I made, which probably won't fit (leg elastic is too loose)
1 dozen preemie prefolds for doublers if needed
2 XS Sandy's
And a variety of newborn size covers. Maybe 6. And two wool interlock soakers.

I would like a wool wrap (I tried to make a couple, but they didn't turn out well) from Loveybums.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #53
Erinjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I need to stop buying these adorable lil diapers. Up to 12 tiny gs, 18 inserts, and 12 grovia Aios. Then add the 57 os pockets and Aios I have for my son... My stash is taking over my house!!!!
Erinjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #54
sleepylees
Registered Users

So far I have 4 newborn covers, 1 bumgenius freetime, 1 grovia newborn AIO, 6 osocosy unbleached indian prefolds, 3 gmd newborn prefolds, and 6 thirsties wipes. I'm trying to build a stash of used, it's hard not to just run out and buy everything I need!
sleepylees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #55
darkempriss
Registered Users

I'm not even sure if DH and I will like CDing but my newborn and toddler stash is already complete! I have

21 GMD orange edge prefolds
4 snappis
7 NB covers (Bummis, Thirsties, Rumparooz)
4 NB fitteds (Swaddlebees, no name)
5 NB pockets (Kawaii, Thirsties, FB)
31 toddler pockets (ok, maybe 4 covers mixed in this lot)

I bought everything in EUC...I'm waiting for my dresser for the nursery to arrive so I can assemble and organize my stash. I'm literally addicted to buying cloth diapers!
darkempriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
aardappelen
Registered Users

I don't physically have anything except our flats, everything else is in the mail, but here's what we've gotten so far:

-36 osocozy flats (we debated between all flats vs flats and prefolds, but then realized we could just padfold a prefold if we wanted to.)

-7 OS wool covers from Mama Bear Babywear

-4 OS flip covers (no inserts because they were from the cottonbabies seconds sale - going to stuff with flats instead)

Plus a handful of pins and snappis.

We're all set for OS sizes, but I still want some for newborn. I am planning on making a NB fleece soaker, so depending on how that goes, I'll either make some more, or stalk the fsot board for some covers. I'm just worried about spending money and then the little one being too big to wear them for more than a week or two.

Last edited by aardappelen; 10-11-2012 at 11:00 AM.
aardappelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #57
iblindsey
Registered Users

I'm new to Diaper Swappers and actually only decided to CD about a month ago.i don't have any cloth diapers yet, and I'm starting to feel a little nervous. I thought I should wait bc my friends are throwing a diaper shower for me in 2 wks. I registered for the CDs I'd like to get but I'm worried everyone will just bring disposables bc that's what most ppl are familiar with. Anyone had a diaper shower for CDs?
iblindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #58
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblindsey View Post
I'm new to Diaper Swappers and actually only decided to CD about a month ago.i don't have any cloth diapers yet, and I'm starting to feel a little nervous. I thought I should wait bc my friends are throwing a diaper shower for me in 2 wks. I registered for the CDs I'd like to get but I'm worried everyone will just bring disposables bc that's what most ppl are familiar with. Anyone had a diaper shower for CDs?
I just had my shower today (just a general shower) and even though I told everyone I was cloth diapering, I still got some disposables. I just said I'd use them for travel, I figured that was the courteous thing to do. I think people just can't understand not wanting disposables. I registered on Amazon for covers and some cloth diapers, figuring people could access that pretty easily, but no one did for CDs (but we did get a few of the other items from Amazon). I kinda figured no one would buy me cloth diapering stuff, so I've just shopped for used stuff on here and on craigslist. If you don't get what you want at your shower, just stock up on the stuff you'll need in the beginning (I've got NB and the next size up purchased or planned), in a few different styles and brands, then once you figure out what you like best, you can shop for the next size up or one size stuff.

BTW - I highly recommend the diaperpin.com website to look at reviews of different diapers. I'm picky and only getting stuff that is rated really highly. I figure if I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do it right.

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #59
lizxvx
Registered Users

My Mood:

Prepping all my dipes today!
lizxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #60
skankinladybug
Registered Users
seller

Very late in the game...I just started this week. I cding my 19mo ds but I sold off alot of his old dipes. Luckily I still have some covers, wool soakers, a dozen nb pf and 2 dozen infant pf. This week I scored some Kissaluvs fitteds and some nb Proraps and Thirsties covers. I just need some snappis and I'm set!
skankinladybug is offline   Reply With Quote