Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Moving to Lousiana New Iberia/Lafayetter area NEED HELP

We are moving to the New Iberia or Lafayette area in the next 2 months,3 tops, but I don't know which area to move to. I am having trouble finding the good school listings. I noticed New Iberia is a uniform district which I have no problem with, but I can't seem to find their scores anywhere. Where are the good schools and neighborhoods at? Every town has the "bad" part of town and I am in Texas so I have NO clue A trip there to check it out is near impossible so I need to do it all online. To top it off I need to find a house to rent and get my own home ready to rent out all of this all alone while DH is in and out of town working for the next few months.
I am alone in this. I don't know whether Lafayette or New Iberia would be better to live in. DH will be working in New Iberia but it is such a small town compared to Dallas.

.............help............

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving to Lousiana New Iberia/Lafayetter area NEED HELP

My parents live there, I'll ask and let you know what city
Old 08-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
cdeweese
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will say New Iberia has some really nice parts and I would probably live there so gas doesn't eat you alive. The drive from Lafayette to New Iberia can be anywhere from 30 min-1 hr depending on where you live/he works.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would think New Iberia would be better since he will work there and he will be on call on the time. But where and what area...this is just so difficult to do long distance. I have to find a house to rent big enough for 5 people and a dog while trying to rent out my own house Looking online to find a rent house is impossible since there are next to none in the area I really don't want an apartment, they are so small...

I will take ANY information you have, pretty please!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
dauthh
Registered Users
seller

We are about 1.5-2 hrs away from lafeyette I can help you look online pm me with why area code you are looking into
dauthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
cdeweese
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So without you telling actual addresses, it would be difficult to decide on the area... I'll be out there the weekend of Sept 21, so I can always do a drive-by (haha) you need
Old 09-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #7
Angel89411
Banned

I am in Lafayette so I have only looked at schools around here. Ernest gaillet elementary would have been our choice if ds1 had not gotten a spot in the lafayette schools of choice. I found a couple of places online that compared test scores, teacher to student ratio, extra curriculars, etc.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
MrsRogers215
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if you have moved yet but I have lived in both New Iberia and Lafayette. DO NOT move to New Iberia. I hated it so much there. Lafayette is a MUCH MUCH better choice!!
MrsRogers215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
Cajunteacher
Registered Users

I agree on new Iberia, my husband works there but we live in youngsville. I've lived in lafayette, youngsville, and a few other areas. South lafayette and youngsville are awesome! All public schools here require uniforms. I taught second grade, and I think you can find the Sps ( school performance scores) on the school boards website. Look into lafayette and Iberia parish's websites. Pm me if you have any more questions.
Cajunteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:06 AM   #10
MrsRogers215
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunteacher
I agree on new Iberia, my husband works there but we live in youngsville. I've lived in lafayette, youngsville, and a few other areas. South lafayette and youngsville are awesome! All public schools here require uniforms. I taught second grade, and I think you can find the Sps ( school performance scores) on the school boards website. Look into lafayette and Iberia parish's websites. Pm me if you have any more questions.
We just bought a house in youngsville! Should be moving early next year.
MrsRogers215 is offline   Reply With Quote