Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Time Savers

- Flylady
- Frozen ready-made PB&J sandwiches for packing lunches at midnight for a field trip the next day. (no flames)
- Each older child does their own laundry 1x a week, start to finish, and puts it away.
- Shout color catcher sheets so that each child's laundry can be washed in one big load vs. several smaller loads
- Lunches are all packed the night before, including water bottles/sippy cups, and put in fridge.
- Clothing for the entire week for each child is set on their dresser in piles for each day, including socks and undergarments. They can choose which outfit to wear, but are not allowed to rummage through drawers in the mornings.
- Shoes are all kept downstairs in the front room, with a basket for each child.
- Folders come out of backpacks as soon as we walk in the door, and go on the counter for me to look through. I put them back in backpacks when I am done signing/emptying/collecting things.
- Laundry gets folded on Tuesday/Thursday evenings. It will wait for me.
- Sports bags stay packed and in the front room ready to go. Refill as needed (clean socks, new dance clothes, etc).
- Diaper bag stays in the car, and gets refilled as needed
- 50 Cloth diapers and 10 wet bags (1 per day for 2 kids) get taken to daycare at the beginning of each week. I take 2 dirty wet bags home each day, and wash diapers twice a week (Wednesday and Saturday)

That's all I can think of right now.

Advertisement

MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so behind you mamas! I have to print out some of these tips to get myself some motivation! Thanks!
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
Cell
Registered Users

This is great! All good ideas but I have to say my favorite is pinning the socks- I have two big bags full of socks that lost their partners.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #14
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

-- I make a week's worth of meal plans, and do the prep work for each dinner the night before.
-- I don't separate laundry colors -- darks and lights all get washed together. I don't think I have had anything bleed since I was a teenager (a long time ago!) If something is brand new, I might wash it with darker stuff the first couple times.
-- I don't get too worked up about a clean house. As long as the food is swept up off the floor, and the counters are clean (so we don't attract ants), I don't get upset if all the toys aren't perfect, or there is a little dust.
-- Pick out my clothes the night before. If I am really feeling productive, I get the week's worth of outfits ready on Sunday evening.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
Sldalton81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

-Family and Friends that help out at the drop of a hat
Sldalton81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
valkynlu
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
This is great! All good ideas but I have to say my favorite is pinning the socks- I have two big bags full of socks that lost their partners.
I save time by just having everyone wear mismatched socks. All my daughter's friends thinks it's cool. hehe
valkynlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
SurprisinglyCrunchy
Registered Users
seller

I really have to start pinning socks, especially DS's since his feet are still so small!
SurprisinglyCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #18
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

-relishrelish.com. Took my meal planning from 2hr a week and a dreaded job to 15 minutes, AND they email me my shopping list! Best $60 I spent this year!!

- throw in one load of laundry very first thing in the morning. Makes me feel productive and gets me going, plus if my workday goes long and I don't get home until 3am, at least I got a load of laundry done!!

-pack diaper bag/choose clothes the night before

-when in the middle of a job I plan my next task, so I don't waste time humming and hawing figuring out what is next. This really helped when I was nursing, I could jump up right after he was done and be productive!!
Nangirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #19
diana51
Registered Users
seller
seller

- I clean the shower while I'm in it- I keep one of the sponges with a scrubby side in there and every couple of days I put some soap on it and clean a small part of the tub for 1 minute.

- we have a laundry hamper that has a white and dark side so it is pre sorted. I also have a smaller hamper for delicates so DH can run a load without worrying about ruining my stuff.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #20
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

• Clean the bathroom while kids bathe (if they're taking an especially long bath I even pack my gym bag for the next day or put away a load of laundry, etc
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote