Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #111
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I haven't. I'm not sure how easy it would be to find a doc here though. We are in the Midwest and pretty much everything is mainstream. I am open to learning about our options, all the options. I need to set up another appt with his ped to talk. He is a wonderful man.

Sorry your sick. That so hard when your pregnant. I hope your littles don't get it and you feel better quickly!!

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #112
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

Blu got sick last night.

Britt I will try to get info for you to at least take a look at. I know the Dr has an online ordering site but some of the stuff you can get at health stores. My nephews were also on a GF diet or a limited gluten diet and that worked wonders too and I also think they did not do dairy bc something with the caisen made there behavior worse.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #113
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Blu got sick last night.

Britt I will try to get info for you to at least take a look at. I know the Dr has an online ordering site but some of the stuff you can get at health stores. My nephews were also on a GF diet or a limited gluten diet and that worked wonders too and I also think they did not do dairy bc something with the caisen made there behavior worse.
I have heard SO much controversy about the diets, it's overwhelming. And with his already limited foods I have no idea how I would get him to eat! I have also heard its very expensive. :/ But if kicking out certain foods controlled his behaviors and helped the emotional outbursts it would be worth it.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #114
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hugs for both of you! I'm not sure which is worse. Sick or defiant child? They both suck. Izzy has been driving me crazy lately. I'm sure it's no where close to what you are dealing with, but it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone!

Our whole "no presents for Christmas" totally backfired. And we seriously have no money to be buying stuff. Ugh.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #115
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
I have heard SO much controversy about the diets, it's overwhelming. And with his already limited foods I have no idea how I would get him to eat! I have also heard its very expensive. :/ But if kicking out certain foods controlled his behaviors and helped the emotional outbursts it would be worth it.
It i so frustrating and such a struggle. There are so many conflicting things out there. It is so hard. I basically re-arranged alot of what we eat. I am not as strict now bc we live in an area that does not have options. I do do my shopping an hr away but we do gluten and limit dairy.

When I first started cutting out dairy Blu was addicted!! He was having these major tantrums! When I took him off he was a completely different kid. I also took away dyes and foods with perservatives. DH would make fun of me bc I would always associate a bad tantrum with food dyes and he would say someting like "The evil M&Ms" but there was a noticeable difference and dh had to admit it.

They go to a preschool that feeds them candy like it is there job. I do not complain but I allow it. They get the dyes, preservatives all that and there are emotional breakdowns every other day and lack of eye contact like eye darting.

I just try to stay strict on the no-preservatives or natural perservatives, food dyes, and dairy--although they do do cheese and ice cream at times. I think the ice cream and treats are important to daddy, so we have been able to find balance without me spazing out.

I do not want you to think that I think that this is the way and only way or a fix and blah blah blah. But I am a food is your medicine type of person and look for those answers before having to do the medication route. And if all else does not work or it could be better then medication is a must. But I do think you are doing a great job!!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #116
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Amy. I spent $200 last night for Christmas gifts. That was only three things per kid (which is plenty but but ouch!) Are you ISO anything? I would be happy to send your kids each a present for you (that you could give them I mean...)

Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #117
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.rhinebeckhealth.com/rhc/

This is who my sil takes the children to. Just giving you the link
Old 12-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #118
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
Hugs for both of you! I'm not sure which is worse. Sick or defiant child? They both suck. Izzy has been driving me crazy lately. I'm sure it's no where close to what you are dealing with, but it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone!

Our whole "no presents for Christmas" totally backfired. And we seriously have no money to be buying stuff. Ugh.

UGH! Christmas!!

We have not even began to shop but we have a list.

It is just so tough bc once we get all the presents we have to get all the food! And I think the food is the most important part to a perfect christmas but it hurts!

We do not go crazy buying for others though. I have my sil and sister buying gifts for the grandparents and we are writing them checks. Then I just have to get for my nephews bc I do not exchange with my sister. On dh side we do not exchange with dh's brothers family--we are all under an agreement the less stuff the better. And the only other thing is gift card for dhs single sister who buys for the boys bit we told her not to get for us. So that just basically leaves us and we are trying to limit that. I think we are doing ok with sticking with a budget.

If there is anything you need let me know I will look. Not good in the girl area but may have some boy stuff.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #119
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So we went to the dealership saturday night and they were going to give us numbers today. So to keep telling you my car drama but here it goes We gave them the info bc we had to leave after 2 hrs of being there bc dh had a holiday Christmas meeting/dinner.

the run down

We went to the dealership said we wanted
1-used
2-satellite radio
3-dvd
4-navigation

What they showed us

1) 2012 New with nothing in it for $30000--sorry I am not paying $30000 for a car that has NOTHING IN IT! That will be $22000 next yr

2) 2013 everything in it for $37000--it's a mini van right? Sorry if it sounds snobby but seriously some perspective here.

So when they called us with the numbers and what they had for us--you guessed it not with in the down payment we told them and not the monthly budget we gave them.

I guess the fact that we went there on a Saturday night with 3 kids gave them the indication that we are idiots.

So Dh is like look I do not care how much the total cost is as long as it
a-has what we ask for
b-fits in our monthly budget

ME
1) I do not care if it fits in our monthly budget I am looking at how soon we can pay it off and so it has to fit in the budget but it has to paid off ASAP!
2) If it fits everyone and is in proper working condition (ok so that was 3)

Sorry for the vent
Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #120
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey ladies, tossing a new thread up
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote