Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #21
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have pics of a 8-14lb baby in a BG Newborn and BG 4.0 for comparing

Here's DS exactly 5 weeks old in a BG 4.0 - they fit him great. Trying to figure out what his stats were at the time. At 15 days old he was 9 lbs, 22.5 inches long.

P.S. I do have several new/EEEEUC BG XS seconds that are boy/gn if you are interested. $6 each plus shipping.

Advertisement

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!

Last edited by ebandive; 12-05-2012 at 11:14 AM.
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That looks great on him! So cute
So I've been googling and looking on old posts and such and it looks like the newborn diapers have definitely been up on the seconds sales before in the past and I even saw one post that they were only $6! And that's with free shipping from cotton babies! I don't know if they are up on every seconds sale and I think they are usually more like $8 as seconds but I have until June so I think I will wait and see if I can catch them before then and if not I will be posting on diaperswappers and looking for used ones like a crazy lady
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #23
AmJoyFul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post
Here's DS exactly 5 weeks old in a BG 4.0 - they fit him great. Trying to figure out what his stats were at the time. At 15 days old he was 9 lbs, 22.5 inches long.

P.S. I do have several new/EEEEUC BG XS seconds that are boy/gn if you are interested. $6 each plus shipping.
Bring them Sunday? I might be interested.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmJoyFul View Post
Bring them Sunday? I might be interested.
I will! Aimee might have just washed them or used them once, if that. They look brand new still.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #25
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonsjulejb
Oooh I am really liking how the BG newborn diapers look and fit your babies! Ugh I want to get them...jut have to fork out another $200 haha yikes! Do they put their newborn diapers on seconds sales?!!!
I would look into the newborn diaper rental programs that many online stores offer. I know Kissed By the Moon has one where you pay $30 per month and then "buy" as many diapers as you like. At the end of the month you mail them back and get a complete refund minus the $30 fee. You can also extend the rental another month by paying another $30.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #26
penguinande
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think I can add pics via my phone but my avi is my son at about 12 lbs in a BG NB. He just outgrew them and he is currently 13.5 lbs (I think maybe he runs a little small on the bottom though). I never had issues with the absorbency but I'm sure a small doubler would do the trick if you did.
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #27
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinande View Post
I don't think I can add pics via my phone but my avi is my son at about 12 lbs in a BG NB. He just outgrew them and he is currently 13.5 lbs (I think maybe he runs a little small on the bottom though). I never had issues with the absorbency but I'm sure a small doubler would do the trick if you did.
Awesome that's what I wanted to hear! I would be very happy if we could wear them until 13-14lbs or even a little longer with a doubler! Thanks it looks like it still fits him great to me I love how trim the BGs newborns are looking on babies
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #28
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

My phone is doing something weird, lol!

Okay here we go This is ds at 7 days old and just about 9.5 lbs in a BG NB AIO, so cute!

Last edited by Dancy Baby; 01-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #29
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post

This is so helpful! I am expecting in January and my last baby was 10 lbs 1/2 at birth. I haven't ever used cloth on a newborn so I am so clueless! I figure this baby will be a nice sized baby(estimated on u/s at 31 wks at 4 lbs) so I am trying to figure out what diapers to use! I may need to get more 4.0s! I love them for my 2 yr old
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #30
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

For us the BG newborns were my least liked newborn diapers. They were also the first to be out grown. My Baby was born 7.5 lbs, and she out grew them in absorbancy before fit. But the fit was never very good either. They were packed away and the smalls taken out before she was 1 month old.

I would look at Tots Bots Tini Fits. I LOVED those for an easy velcro diaper. Those and Swaddlebees Simplex were my favorite newborn diapers. Lasted MUCH longer and were never out grown absorbancy wise. They were great diapers. I have pictures of my DD in a Simplex in the hospital and at 3 months old. She outgrew them sometime around 4 months old. The Tots Bots were out grown a little earlier, but lasted more than twice as long as the BG!