Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Best NB diapers that wont break the bank !

I will use GMD newborn prefolds and some fitteds next time. We did all prefolds when DD was tiny and it worked well!

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #12
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have heard of a lot of mamas using a newborn rental program for that first stretch and then just starting in with smalls or one size options after the babes are out of the newbie phase. Everything I have read about those experiences have been positive and they seem fairly inexpensive. This seems like a great option to me if you want a newborn fit but don't want to mess with the buying and selling of sizing up.

Additionally, I have heard lots of mamas say that the resale on newborn dipes is very high - that you can buy some vguc on fsot and then resell and not have lost TONS of money. I guess this is true even if you buy the "more expensive" options.

With our last baby, we just did a 2 size option though and skipped the newborn phase. It was a little bulkier at first, but it didn't bother me. I didn't wanna mess with sizing up (I don't like restashing). And, at the time, I didn't know about newborn rental programs.

This time, we are just starting with our one size pockets and will use them all the way through.

So, I know that isn't what you asked, I was just letting you know that a lot of mamas skip the newborn diapers and just deal with the extra bulk. And a lot of mamas hate that
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

whoops

Last edited by Zepp; 12-06-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharvey92611 View Post
Where can I find the itty bitty bliss ? And Nana's diapers ?

married ❤attached mama to L(8/07) and J(9/11) expecting baby #3 in August
They're both on hyenacart. The bitty bliss can be found at the diaper drive thru (she only does them a few times a year, though, so you might have to stalk or e-mail her!)
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

prefolds and duo styles covers that last longer than newborn size (Thristies/capris)
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I didn't think prefolds were a great investment because they get outgrown so quickly. We used flats (Green Mountain Diapers size small). Every time I tried to "upgrade" I always went back to flats.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII
I didn't think prefolds were a great investment because they get outgrown so quickly. We used flats (Green Mountain Diapers size small). Every time I tried to "upgrade" I always went back to flats.
But you can use as doublers later
Old 12-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #18
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so you have 8 months? Get a doz pfs the first and second mo and 2 covers for the next couple mos and 3 alva nb after that each remaining month(for dh), easy stash to build
Old 12-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #19
nahrie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarisa View Post
so you have 8 months? Get a doz pfs the first and second mo and 2 covers for the next couple mos and 3 alva nb after that each remaining month(for dh), easy stash to build
Great idea there. I like Imagine Smart Fit prefolds and Imagine newborn covers personally for the first half of that.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #20
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

I guess it depends on what type you are looking for. My favorite for the first week was also the cheapest - Snappied flats and dappi nylon pull on covers. The covers were great for under the cord. I also had some My Very Best covers that were AI2 that were Greta under the cord. After the cord fell off I also liked the other covers I had. I have pics in my thread here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1455698

Now at almost three months I am still using all the same flats and newborn prefolds, but all trifolded. I go through more covers that way, but I have plenty so that is fine, and it's easy for DH as well.