Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #31
Katiebug_1976
Registered Users
seller

Re: $100 to spend on Cloth for charity WWYB?

I just got an email from Nickis Diapers that said for every Imagine diaper that you buy, they will donate one diaper to a needy child (no limit). So, if you are interested in stretching your $$ and helping more than just your angel tree recipient, that might be something to look into. Just a thought...

Advertisement

Katiebug_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #32
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Thanks to everyone! I got 18 flats, flip covers, and doublers. I have some BG 4.0's that just need the aplix replaced, and I'm going to give those too after my Mama fixes them up. Hopefully this can help a Mama get started. Thanks again for all the advice!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #33
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by papoosecaboose
Thanks to everyone! I got 18 flats, flip covers, and doublers. I have some BG 4.0's that just need the aplix replaced, and I'm going to give those too after my Mama fixes them up. Hopefully this can help a Mama get started. Thanks again for all the advice!
It's so thoughtful of you to do this. It might be all she needs to get through diapering. The BG 4.0 are a great addition, I do stuff those with flats for certain situations.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

I have been stuffing ours with flats a lot lately, too. So incredibly absorbent and they wash up so nicely too. And thanks for the encouraging words. I love giving gifts, it's my love language. I can't stand to think of a Mama not being able to buy what her baby needs. Just wish I could do even more.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #35
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some assorted EUC hemp inserts from random brands that I'd be happy to send you to use with the BG 4.0s. They just need a good home and this certainly would be one! PM me your address and I can ship them to you on Monday if that's not too late.
lakemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #36
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

What an awesome thing you are doing. Kudos!

Last edited by breast4my3; 12-06-2012 at 07:37 PM.
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #37
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemama
I have some assorted EUC hemp inserts from random brands that I'd be happy to send you to use with the BG 4.0s. They just need a good home and this certainly would be one! PM me your address and I can ship them to you on Monday if that's not too late.
Oh, that would be terrific! Thanks! I'll pm you now.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #38
guntersvillebride
Registered Users
seller

Since this may be all she has for a stash, I would try to get as complete a stash as possible with the $100. That said, I would probably include at least a dozen prefolds/flats and a couple covers so she has more changes. Then I would include pockets/AIO's to round it out. I personally would probably get Alvas or Sunbabies just because I could get a larger number for the money.
guntersvillebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #39
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Yep, that's sums up a lot of the good advice I received and that's just what I bought. So thankful for the helpful DS mamas!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #40
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd go with Flips. There is a sale on the covers now, too. 2 for $20! I'd get a couple covers, a set of the organic cotton inserts, a set of the stay dry inserts and a package of the Flip disposable inserts. So the mom could try it all out and see what she likes best.

My oldest dd has a son & that's been her favorite so far for her little guy. I know I really liked them when my son was smaller & still fit in 1 size diapers. Plus when it comes to one size diapers, I found they fit the longest. They fit ds when he was a newborn and they were the last one size diaper that he grew out of.

P.S. I saw your list & I think that sounds great. I also really loved our BG 4.0's when ds was smaller and still fit. That's so sweet of you

Last edited by ssand23; 12-08-2012 at 01:52 PM.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote