Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Labeling Legos

We share Legos here, too, but we don't really have much as far as sets. Most of ours are hand-me-downs from my parents'/younger brother's massive stash that has a little of everything that they got cheap locally from our local classifieds paper when we were kids.

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #22
IndoorKitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmm. I already have a silver sharpie, but I think I'll stop by Sally's and see what weird colors of nail polish they have. Polish might be easier to get into a "protected" spot on the figures. Thanks.

The remodel isn't going well.
IndoorKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

I think a regular Sharpie (permanent marker) should do the trick.
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
Jenn135
Registered Users
seller

Could you use a regular sharpie and put the first letter of their name? My mom did that with us girls growing up.
Jenn135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #25
IndoorKitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lots of black feet on the Lego people, so I'm afraid that regular sharpie won't show. If the nail polish thing works, I'll post some pics.

The remodel isn't going well.
IndoorKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #26
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Legos are deemed neutral ground (unless you build something specific). So much so, that DS just built a Ghost Busters proton thingy using almost half pink legos Those CLEARLY aren't his, but neither was phased.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #27
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoorKitty View Post
Lots of black feet on the Lego people, so I'm afraid that regular sharpie won't show. If the nail polish thing works, I'll post some pics.
Bummer. Didn't think about the black pants on the lego men.... I would think nail polish might chip off, too. I started thinking that maybe a mark up inside the foot, but that would likely get chipped off over time when they stood the little man onto a lego piece.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #28
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would try nail polish if I was doing it. In addition to the polish why don't you snap a pic of each child's set and then print it our and add their name to back. Then later on down the road if the paint has chipped away and fight insues the picture can be pulled out to settle the matter.
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #29
mjg2043
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This seems ridiculous. I have two kids - they share. I don't have time to label Legos.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg2043 View Post
This seems ridiculous. I have two kids - they share. I don't have time to label Legos.
Seems a little judgmental. When my girls were those ages sharing was HARD, and frankly not always worth the effort. Plus it seems as adults we forget it's not normal to share everything. We all have things we don't want to share.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote