Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #31
mjg2043
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

Seems a little judgmental. When my girls were those ages sharing was HARD, and frankly not always worth the effort. Plus it seems as adults we forget it's not normal to share everything. We all have things we don't want to share.
Not being judgmental at all. Just speaking from my own opinion. And toys in my house are for sharing.

I just can't fathom sitting there and marking the thousands of Legos we have. I have better things to do with that time - including playing Legos with my kids!!!

Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #32
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Labeling Legos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg2043 View Post
I just can't fathom sitting there and marking the thousands of Legos we have. I have better things to do with that time - including playing Legos with my kids!!!

This! All our Legos are for sharing. It is good preparation for preschool where the toys belong to everyone.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #33
IndoorKitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg2043 View Post
Not being judgmental at all. Just speaking from my own opinion. And toys in my house are for sharing.

Well, as the OP, I feel judged. In my original post, I asked for expertise in a paint or marker that would stick to Legos. I also stated that I was doing this to help my sister.

I expected most of the posts to be incredulous at the idea of marking Legos; however, the phrasing of both of your posts implies that you are "doing it correctly" and my sister is "doing wrong." It isn't your opinion. It's your tone.

Also, no one picks on my little sister but me.

The remodel isn't going well.

Last edited by IndoorKitty; 12-10-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: autocorrect
IndoorKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #34
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

I also vote nail polish. I think Sharpie will rub off since the plastic is smooth. But the nail polish would have to be a thin layer or else I imagine it would chip easier. I'm no expert though, I've never attempted to label Legos.

Look out for autocorrect!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #35
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

Ours duplo and Lego both has a sharpie dot. They do wear off but it stays for us fairly well. I put it inside the block if possible.

We live with a remote so while sharing is great when we move I want our million dollars worth of Lego to go with us.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #36
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoorKitty View Post

Well, as the OP, I feel judged. In my original post, I asked for expertise in a paint or marker that would stick to Legos. I also stated that I was doing this to help my sister.

I expected most of the posts to be incredulous at the idea of marking Legos; however, the phrasing of both of your posts implies that you are "doing it correctly" and my sister is "doing wrong." It isn't your opinion. It's your tone.

Also, no one picks on my little sister but me.
I have to say, that if you choose to feel judged by the PP's comment about how your sister wants to use legos then more power to ya, but DS may not be the board for you. It gets worse. Much, much worse.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #37
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
I have to say, that if you choose to feel judged by the PP's comment about how your sister wants to use legos then more power to ya, but DS may not be the board for you. It gets worse. Much, much worse.
Indeed.

OP, I think many mamas with huge lego collections are reeling at the thought of labelling lego. It's ok for them to reel, even if it doesn't help you with your problem. I admit, that even though I would never consider labelling lego and would strongly encourage my sister (if I had one) not to bother, I have been looking at our lego since your OP, trying to think how I might label it if I had to.

Even though you have an agreement with your sister not to give parental advise, no one here has such an agreement with you, and it's ok for them to say they think labelling lego is kookoo bananas. Because in their world, it might be. I do hope you figure it out though.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #38
IndoorKitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Oh, it's not going to keep me up nights. :-) I just couldn't take the dissonance between the choice to describe another mother's behavior as "ridiculous" and the insistence that said word choice was not judgemental. Mjg2043's first comment didn't faze me; her reply to mibarra is what did me in.

Mibarra posted to defend my sister's choices against the tone of a Mjg2043's post. When Mjg2043 disagreed with mibarra, I thought it was appropriate to express my support of mibarra's comments. I didn't intend to imply that Mjg2043 is not entitled to her opinion or it's expression. I wasn't trying to start a fight or insist that the internet be nice to me. I also realize that I have entered the circular logic death trap of "judging someone for being judgemental."

Anyway, if it is bad form on DS to state that I feel that another poster's views are judgemental, then I'll be more circumspect in the future.

Last edited by IndoorKitty; 12-10-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Had more thinky thoughts
Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #39
IndoorKitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07 View Post
Ours duplo and Lego both has a sharpie dot. They do wear off but it stays for us fairly well. I put it inside the block if possible.

We live with a remote so while sharing is great when we move I want our million dollars worth of Lego to go with us.
What color(s) did you use? I'm trying to figure out what to do on the dark color Lego person feet.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #40
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoorKitty

What color(s) did you use? I'm trying to figure out what to do on the dark color Lego person feet.
How about one of those 'silver' sharpies?
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote