Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Please keep this civil! No commentary needed.

I just wanted to post this link for mamas who want to support it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ge-18/DbCyTjRH

Pass it on if you support the cause!

Advertisement

Last edited by kushie tushie; 12-09-2012 at 07:26 PM.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Bump

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Re: Petition to end circ on minors.

I signed
Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

I'm conflicted. I mean, I think circ'ing is horrible. But part of me prefers to educate people more first. Circ rates are dropping rapidly and in a few years (I hope) there will only be a small percentage of people circ'ing. I think then would be a better time to ban circumcision, because until then there are a lot of people who think this is just another way the gov't is infringing on their rights. IOW, I think more people need to realize how harmful it is before we can ban it.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I'm conflicted. I mean, I think circ'ing is horrible. But part of me prefers to educate people more first. Circ rates are dropping rapidly and in a few years (I hope) there will only be a small percentage of people circ'ing. I think then would be a better time to ban circumcision, because until then there are a lot of people who think this is just another way the gov't is infringing on their rights. IOW, I think more people need to realize how harmful it is before we can ban it.
Agree.

You win more flies with honey than with vinegar... just something I think some people in the anti-circ movement might want to consider.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It would infringe on religious freedom. Jewish people truly do believe that it is a commandment of God and do it because God told them to in their Bible (Old Testament for Christians).

To say they could no longer circumcise their children, would be telling them that they cannot worship God or follow his laws.

I will be very surprised if this passes no matter how many signatures are on the paper. And no, I won't be singing it. All three of my boys are circ'ed and I don't regret it.

And just as there has been damage done by botched circumcisions, I have known children who HAD to be circ'ed at age 6 or 7 because of constant painful infections and it became a medical necessity, which would not have been needed at that age if the parents had circ'ed at a younger age.

I am NOT judging those who want their children to stay intact, that's your choice. But who are you to tell a person of the Jewish faith that they shouldn't have the right to follow a practice that they have been doing for thousand's of years, because it's your opinion that they shouldn't be circ'ing their kids?

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M
It would infringe on religious freedom. Jewish people truly do believe that it is a commandment of God and do it because God told them to in their Bible (Old Testament for Christians).

To say they could no longer circumcise their children, would be telling them that they cannot worship God or follow his laws.

I will be very surprised if this passes no matter how many signatures are on the paper. And no, I won't be singing it. All three of my boys are circ'ed and I don't regret it.

And just as there has been damage done by botched circumcisions, I have known children who HAD to be circ'ed at age 6 or 7 because of constant painful infections and it became a medical necessity, which would not have been needed at that age if the parents had circ'ed at a younger age.

I am NOT judging those who want their children to stay intact, that's your choice. But who are you to tell a person of the Jewish faith that they shouldn't have the right to follow a practice that they have been doing for thousand's of years, because it's your opinion that they shouldn't be circ'ing their kids?

God bless!
what she said
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASMama711 View Post
Agree.

You win more flies with honey than with vinegar... just something I think some people in the anti-circ movement might want to consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post

God bless!
I agree with every point. Shoving your opinion down peoples throats is not going to win anyone over to your cause.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Omg ladies. Seriously, this was a heres a petition sign and load on if you want. This was not a debate thread.

Dh emailed me this last night. I wanted to pass it on for people who wanted to support it.

Last edited by kushie tushie; 12-10-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post

God bless!
Muslims circ their girls but thats illegal in the US.....