Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Puking my guts out here!!!!

Originally Posted by MommaLEB View Post
You can nip the constipation in the bud by getting on colace and fiber at the same time. It's a hassle to take so many pills, and it comes with it's share of guilt, but it's a lot safer than dehydration/malnutrition.
Ditto this whole post. Zofran will be okay if you stay on top of the constipation. I'm on high doses of Miralax, fiber and Magnesium and as long as I take 'only' 24mg (3x8mg pills) of Zofran I'm okay. I can't do the 32mg max dose or I am constipated even then. Thankfully the 24mg is enough to keep me hydrated and I have managed to gain back 8lbs of the 15 I lost. If you are not keeping down anything you need something. And if you can't keep down pills you need the meds through IV or suppository.

(MommaLEB you post on the HG forums too right? I have the same username there)

Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I tried all of the supplements to help with the constipation and nothing touched it last time. I also tried Pheneragen (I don't know how to spell that one) but it made me super tired which is difficult when I'm already tired. The unisom also made me really tired in the kids are early risers and it's already hard to get up early...I've found some green tea I've been able to keep down...the last 2 days have been a little better...I have been having diarrhea too though so that's no good. I go to the dr. Wed. so I plan to talk to him about all of this then and see what he says. I HATE IVs though so if I can do anything to avoid them I WILL!
Wife to DH for 8 years...Mom to 5 kiddos
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
My Mood:

less bread with the meds help, zofran shouldn't make you tired, but most of thoe meds make you sleepy.

sometimes the IV is needed, hope you feel better soon
IHA: books, fabric, lots of new baby clothes, toys
ISO: Amazon codes, Paypal or Gift Cards
PoshPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I hated the phenegran too. That's all my insurance covered last time. It made me feel weird besides the sleepiness and barely touched the vomiting. I've been insistent on avoiding IVs this time and I really shouldn't have. If you need an IV, get one, or you'll be stuck wondering if you'd still be so bad, like I am. I hate IVs, but these "what ifs" are worse.
Wife to E 10-29-05.
Mom to tougHGirl L 5-4-10
tougHGuy B 5-1-13

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:
Sometimes getting an IV with fluids and IV Zofran is what it takes to get you over that hump. Then you can manage it better from home. you can also take 1/2 the Unisom with the same level of B6. If you look at the dosages for the Rx Diclectin it's actually 1/2 a tablet of OTC Unisom. You can take multiple tabs of Diclectin so it's not unsafe to take an entire Unisom but will make you sleepy.
Good luck! I had to rely on Phenegren/Compazine and IVs at the ER when it got really bad.
Kristi, Mommy to Josh & Nick (identical twins 6-97) Nathen (3-02), Joey (2-04), Jacob (11-05) & Aaron (12-11) I sell Tupperware!
"A person's a person, no matter how small..." Dr Seuss
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote