Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #41
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Official names?

Ours is Anna Paige Willow...Anna Paige is actually her first name I just don't want to squish it together or hyphenate. All 3 names are family names

Just curious....is there a name stealing phenomenon on DS or you just don't want to announce the name before the birth, period. I think I would rather go ahead and say my name so if coincidentally someone else chose one of my names they wouldn't think I stole it from them. This question is meant under the friendliest of terms....I'm not flaming in ANY WAY!!!

Advertisement

Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #42
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2theJs View Post
Jase Rowen!
I really like the name Jase.....I had never heard/seen it until I began doing geneology work an few years back. Jas on census forms was a shortened form of James...another name I love!
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #43
Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
Ours is Anna Paige Willow...Anna Paige is actually her first name I just don't want to squish it together or hyphenate. All 3 names are family names

Just curious....is there a name stealing phenomenon on DS or you just don't want to announce the name before the birth, period. I think I would rather go ahead and say my name so if coincidentally someone else chose one of my names they wouldn't think I stole it from them. This question is meant under the friendliest of terms....I'm not flaming in ANY WAY!!!
^wss. We don't announce IRL because name stealing is prevalent in DH's family. Yes seriously.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #44
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

We don't tell in real life because it limits other people thinking they can away our decision. We don't have to worry about announcing and everyone hating it and feeling like we should second guess ourselves.

I don't care about name stealing really.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #45
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about DS but we have had a name snatch irl. SIL knew that we were trying to get pregnant and that the name was very important to me because it was a family name and she used it.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #46
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our girl name is Lyla Paige (grandmother + literary nod).

Our boy name is Everett Levi (compromise on DH's rejection of Ever as a girl name/name of respected judge in my hobby + Hebrew name, long history with the language).

There has been name stealing amongst other member of our family (aunts, uncles, parents) but they are all no longer breeding. However, my tactic has been to be very vocal about our names and that if anyone takes them, let it be known I will be mad... but I'm the oldest amongst the grandchildren and have a good relationship with everyone and I don't think anyone would try to steal anything. If this baby is a girl there is a good chance we will keep the next baby name choices a secret just for fun.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #47
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't announce IRL, not because of name stealing, but because we announced ds1's name prior to birth and EVERYONE knew it before he was born, most who we did not tell. The magic of announcing his arrival and name was gone when he was born. So we kept ds2's name a secret until his birth, and this one as well.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote