Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: I bought a stinky diaper!

First, I wouldn't believe that "use a mainstream detergent instead of Country Save" thing. Country Save has the same types of ingredients as mainstream detergents, without the stuff that sticks to the diaper making any sort of buildup worse. For enzymes (which I'm pretty sure don't help with set-in ammonia) you can add a bit of bac-out or Nature's Miracle. I have often tried that "just use Tide a few times and it'll strip" thing a few times and it just never works.

What does, is a washing soda soak. 2 Tablespoons of washing soda in a gallon of warm water, soak overnight.

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #22
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Yes! It was! And she said the price was worth the hassel of removal! It really was terrible.
Ewwwwww. That is so, so gross!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #23
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post

Yes! It was! And she said the price was worth the hassel of removal! It really was terrible.
I remember I can't believe someone would even THINK to do that. That is definitely a FFS diaper.. Or the momma could've picked out the poo herself before shipping!! It'd take no time at all. That kinda scarred me so I couldn't forget that lol. That's right up there with the mushroom diaper thread!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #24
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712

I remember I can't believe someone would even THINK to do that. That is definitely a FFS diaper.. Or the momma could've picked out the poo herself before shipping!! It'd take no time at all. That kinda scarred me so I couldn't forget that lol. That's right up there with the mushroom diaper thread!
Hahaha! I was disgusted. Especially when after soaking and power washing did nothing. It had sat dried too long. Had to be picked out. Man did I go thru some bleach.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #25
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ewwww what was the mushroom diaper?!
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
Ewwww what was the mushroom diaper?!
Oh man, that was epic! : P I'm mobile ATM so I can't search for that thread, but I'm sure someone can link it! Fair warning though, the mushroom diaper cannot be unseen, and it kinda haunts you...a little.

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #27
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylindsay
I don't get how a person can sell diapers like that or even have a diaper like that for personal use. I have a fit when my diapers are not smelling clean and every now and then it happens, and I work my hardest to fix it! They would have to be perfect smellwise for me to sell them to someone!!

BTW OP How is the diaper smelling now?
It smells like nothing now. I soaked it for 24 hrs in about half a cup of bac out and half a scoop of country save. I rinsed it about 6 times in super hot water and it smells like my other diapers now. Like absolutely nothing. I'm so relieved.

These horror poop stories are freaking me out. This is exactly why I've been buying new diapers for over six months. But I just couldn't pass up a good deal. Lesson learned.

Some people are just gross. I've lint rolled the inside of diapers to make sure the buyer got a pretty package. I would never sell a stinky diaper. Smh.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #28
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniekins1488

Oh man, that was epic! : P I'm mobile ATM so I can't search for that thread, but I'm sure someone can link it! Fair warning though, the mushroom diaper cannot be unseen, and it kinda haunts you...a little.
Now I really do need to see this!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can someone link to the thread?
Please lol
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #30
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
NOOOO DON'T OPEN THE MUSHROOM THREAD!! :dramaqueen: I have never in my life been sooo grossed out. You will be asking for eyebleach.
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote