Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #41
elvenmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If I had known...

Do they have the stay dry layer like OS simplex? That is one of my requirements for any NB diapers in the future.

Advertisement

elvenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenmama View Post
Do they have the stay dry layer like OS simplex? That is one of my requirements for any NB diapers in the future.
No they do not.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #43
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am waiting on 4 newborn simplex for this baby. I have never cd with a newborn so am so clueless! My last baby was 10 lbs 1/2 oz at birth and my dr thinks this boy will be big also. So I am so afraid to buy anything newborn and not have it fit. I am praying these fit nice for at least a little while, I couldn't resist how cute they are. I have Simplex and Blueberries for my 2 yr old and love them.
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #44
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncnshu00 View Post
No they do not.
That's what I was wondering for the opposite reason. That fleece layer creates gunk and gets stinky in the OS. I wish they would get rid of it in the OS. Glad to hear they didn't use it in the newborn.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #45
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm okay with no stay dry for a newborn so far I've had 2 babies that seemed very sensitive to poly fabrics against their skins for the first few months but eventually seemed to outgrow it. I'd rather jsut have fleece liners for the option than diapers already lined JIC.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #46
seacat
Registered Users
seller

You change a newborn so often they really don't need stay dry. Karen over at Green Mountain Diapers has a great article on why babies don't need stay dry,
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #47
ZoeyMakesThree
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat
You change a newborn so often they really don't need stay dry. Karen over at Green Mountain Diapers has a great article on why babies don't need stay dry,
Link? I would love to read it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
ZoeyMakesThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #48
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's why I only have 12 newborn prefolds for my future baby stash. I had a ton of prefolds with my last baby and just hated them. She also peed straight through them.

I really, really want to try those newborn Simplex! I hear so many good things about them. I have to get at least two, I think.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #49
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I TOTALLY agree!! I had one in my NB stash and about 6 weeks before my due date I read a rave review by a mama here and bought a few more. I'm so glad I did because they are fantastic. I wish I'd skipped the prefolds and covers and bought a stash of these. Both DH and I always reach for them first. Hands down my favorite NB dipe (and I tried a lot of them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottermomma View Post
How long did they realistically fit for? My first was a 9 pounder so I'm assuming my next will be on the larger size too so newborn soakers are really short term at least what we got but I see these are supposed got up to 16lb which is promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papoosecaboose View Post
I'm absolutely going to get some of these Simplex NB's. My dilemma is whether to do the rental program and get a bunch for only a month or two, or buy my own and hope we get to use them for several months. My babies are usually huge at birth (9-10 lbs).
My chunk a monk was 9.7 at birth and is now 2 months and around 12lbs. We're still on the middle snaps and they fit his chubby thighs well without any pinching. These are the only NB dipes that still fit him well. I think we'll get another full month out of them, possibly a bit longer. I personally would buy my own and then sell (they have a high resale value).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
No leaking? Are they more absorbent than BGxs?
They only leaked once for us and that was overnight after 10 hours with no doubler. BGXS can't hold a candle to these. He could out pee the BGs at a week old.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #50
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I don't consider my 3 week old to be a heavy wetter, but he pees through the Simplex pretty quick. And then with the legs gaps (I think I have a pic somewhere) it leaks poo, too. Not every diaper is for everyone, and I really disliked the Simplex on my newborn. I just wanted to put up a different experience. I preferred Little Joey and Rainshine Design AIO's, but they still didn't fit nearly as well as his Goodmama fitteds and Graham Bear Wear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
I think stay dry is more comfortable for the baby, so I prefer it. I know ds gets fussy when he feels his diapers are wet.