Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Re: Midwives not returning my calls! VENT!

Ya its not so much that I need to be seen immediately, I haven't had any problems or concerns, but probably soon would be nice. Its more so about the constant chase and unreliability. So frustrating!

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Maybe I'm just venting lol! Sometimes I don't mind our healthcare at all, sometimes it bugs the heck out of me (here in Ontario anyway). The midwives I'm with are a small practice but told me they had a lot of space for July. I guess that's why I got really frustrated! I just need to relax I suppose, I worry a lot, plus I just want to know where I stand with my care provider.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really would be concerned with the lack of communication from them.
With that said. All the Midwives I have had in the past did not start seeing clients until at least week 16, unless there was cause for concern.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I guess it depends on how much you want a midwife. Do you know if there are any others in the area? I'd be worried about waiting until 16 weeks but then I like to hear the heartbeat and I get the prenatal screening done for my own peace of mind. You can go to your regular doctor until the midwives see you. If you feel more comfortable with an appointment around 11 or 12 weeks which is when they usually start seeing you from my experience, then I'd book one with your doctor. Since I know you in real life, did your SIL have any problems with contacting them after she got in? If not maybe see your doctor, then start seeing them and if they keep being hard to reach then you can always switch to an OB. My doctor saw me until 30+ weeks and then the OB so you have lots of time to switch.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
I guess it depends on how much you want a midwife. Do you know if there are any others in the area? I'd be worried about waiting until 16 weeks but then I like to hear the heartbeat and I get the prenatal screening done for my own peace of mind. You can go to your regular doctor until the midwives see you. If you feel more comfortable with an appointment around 11 or 12 weeks which is when they usually start seeing you from my experience, then I'd book one with your doctor. Since I know you in real life, did your SIL have any problems with contacting them after she got in? If not maybe see your doctor, then start seeing them and if they keep being hard to reach then you can always switch to an OB. My doctor saw me until 30+ weeks and then the OB so you have lots of time to switch.
No infortunately there's no other midwives in this area, that's why its frustrating. I really want a midwife, mostly because I want the option of a possible homebirth. I'm like you though, for my own peace of mind I feel like I should see someone sooner, but I suppose I don't need to if its not possible. Also, no she didn't have problems and she really liked them, that's why I decided to contact them. So I guess I'll give them a chance, but I am still nervous about them not returning my calls, I hope this doesn't happen again. Maybe I'll see my doctor in the mean time, just so I can relax a little. I would just like the hear the heartbeat with a doppler a little sooner, especially since we haven't had an u/s.