Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pumping at Work

just another 2x pumping mama posting support, even if I don't have specific advice

you guys are doing great

Advertisement

c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #22
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is my third child that I have returned to work and pumped for. It does get easier. the first two times I used the locker room/bathroom because we had an amazing custodian that kept everything extra clean. I had a chair and outlet right there plus a sink was close by.

this time around our custodian sucks. I moved to our clean laundry sortying room. I have a chair, outlet, table. It is very clean and quite. I put a sighn on the door. Being in the locker room I was constantly walked in by all my female co-works and after the first few times it wasn't a big deal at all.

I have my phone and tablet and serf FB, read a book, play games during my sessions. My morning one I also eat breakfast. I pump twice a day at work and once before I leave work. Right now I am getting 15oz between the three and she takes 9oz while I am gone.

I have a pretty laid back job and no one has said anything about my pumping time.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #23
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm a pump at work pro (I think lol) since I've been doing it for so long. I have a small, quiet area and post a sign on the door that says not to enter when I'm pumping. I bring a book or play around on my phone and heck I've even taken quick naps while pumping! I keep a drink close at all times and keep snacks handy too. I try to pump every 2-3 hrs. If I have a break and don't have anything to do I'll go pump even if it's only been a hr since last pump. I make sure I have the wipes to clean my parts if I don't feel like carrying my parts to a sink.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #24
sherber3
Registered Users

I pump in my office and close the door and **** the blinds on the window. I have a mini fridge close by where I store my milk and pump parts (in a gallon zip bag). I don't sterilize after every pump; if breast milk is good for three days in the fridge, I am sure three hours or so until my next pump will be fine. I take them home and wash/sterilize there at the end of the day. I invested in a second pump to keep at work so i wouldn't have to lug it back and forth. I have a print out of a cow on my door to let people know I am pumping!!
sherber3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #25
sherber3
Registered Users

I pump at work in my office. I close the door and pull the blinds. I have a cute picture of a cow on my door to let everyone know not to enter. I am fortunate to have a mini fridge close by to store my milk and pump parts in a gallon zip bag. I don't wash and sterilize after every use, just at night. The milk is good for at least three days in the fridge, so I figure a few hours will be fine. Otherwise I wouldn't do anything else other than wash pump parts! I also invested in a second pump to keep at work so I wouldn't have to lug it back and forth.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #26
sherber3
Registered Users

It's worth it!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
bandaidnurse
Registered Users
seller

Is there anywhere you can go with a locked door? I pump three times a day at work. Work as a nurse at a surgery center. I use whatever dr. consult room is empty. They all have locks though. I make sure I have a jacke I can close over my front and feel more relaxed knowing I am covered up. I browse the internet on my phone or bring a book. Getting my mind on something else helps me relax. I was always really uncomfortable for awhile after maternity leave, but it gets easier and you it will become a new normal for you once you get into a routine. You are doing a great thing for your baby!
bandaidnurse is offline   Reply With Quote