Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #11
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: C/s plus toddler

I am surprised at all these toddlers that have to be taught to climb onto the couch, into their booster chair/carseat, etc. My DS has been climbing on the couch since he was at least one (normal height couch), he may have been younger actually. Climbing into his booster chair (which he just recently started refusing to sit in, instead choosing one of the other chairs and sitting on his knees so we ditched the booster) and he's been able to climb into his carseat for awhile now too and get situated (I still buckled him of course).

The toilet, he isn't potty trained yet but we use a bjorn potty so he can do that himself too....

Given the chance, I have no doubt he could climb onto the changing table too (LOL) but I won't let him know that's an option so we'll just do changes on the floor or couch if I have to have another c-section with LO-2.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #12
painter412
Registered Users
seller

Re: C/s plus toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelElle View Post
I am expecting and due right around DS1's birthday. He will be just turning two. I'm looking for helpful hints about taking care of them while recovering. My main concern is diaper changes (or lifting him onto the potty.... I can dream right?) , getting him up into the high chair, and putting him up into his bed. Ideas? TIA!
this was the time that my oldest became more independant and i realized what she was capable of.
painter412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #13
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Mine are 25 months apart.

We got DD a kid's table with chairs, which she could easily sit at, play and eat.

Nappies changes, she'd just climb on the bed or couch. We opted to wait on the potty training until a bit after the baby was born.

DS was my 2nd C-section, but I didn't have any issues taking care of my 2 year old & the baby.

Think positive, be creative, be flexible, and you'll skate through it.

PS - and take your drugs/painkillers! I tried to super-mom it at like a week... Um, yeah, it was stupid, LOL!!
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

My first two are 17months apart. I would pick up my daughter to get to her high chair. I made sure to use my legs. I bent down as far as I could go and pushed her up with my thigh. If that makes sense. I did diaper changes on my bed which she was able to climb up on with little help. I also switched her to a toddler bed. And, I never left the house without my husband to help. But, after csections I pretty much don't go anywhere the first 2wks.
I'm worried for my third csection though. My lo is so attached to me and loves to be carried. I don't know if I'll be able to lift him a lot after. He'll be 22 months.